Birds disappear from world and stop spawning

TheBlob
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

Birds stop spawning correctly shortly after loading up a save or starting a new world. Someone else pointed out that it appears to be related to entering the pig town when I posted this bug for the beta version and I think they're right.

Steps to Reproduce
Load a save or start a new world, go into pig town, wait a little bit for birds to disappear forever
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Having a similar issue. It's hard to notice because catching birds isn't really a focus until sometime just before or during the humid season; it's at this point I'd like to unlock magic. I traveled to a number of different biomes in humid and lush seasons, and no birds are spawning at all. This is all well after entering/leaving the pig village a few times during the first few days.

Share this comment

A way around i found to catch birds when this happens is leave a bird trap with a seed bait on it next to a ruins entrance, go in, get out, there will be a bird on the trap.

Share this comment

BUMP!

This bug is really annoying me, and nothing seems to have been done about it ;)

Reloading the game every 3-4 in game days is not really a fix...

Share this comment

Pigeon swarms cause the bug, they are not properly removed from birdspawner's tracker, filling it up and not leaving room for new birds to spawn.

For those who don't want to wait for the bug to be fixed, you can change line 47 of steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\DLC0003\scripts\components\birdspawner.lua from

[GROUND.FOUNDATION] = {"pigeon","pigeon_swarm","pigeon_swarm","crow"},

to

[GROUND.FOUNDATION] = {"pigeon","crow"},

• Like 2

Share this comment

On 7/1/2019 at 1:30 PM, azukun said:

Pigeon swarms cause the bug, they are not properly removed from birdspawner's tracker, filling it up and not leaving room for new birds to spawn.

For those who don't want to wait for the bug to be fixed, you can change line 47 of steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\DLC0003\scripts\components\birdspawner.lua from

[GROUND.FOUNDATION] = {"pigeon","pigeon_swarm","pigeon_swarm","crow"},

to

[GROUND.FOUNDATION] = {"pigeon","crow"},

@azukun good find, I hope devs fix this soon.

@bizziboi

Share this comment

Glad that this bug is finally catching more attention, especially with the release of the new character wormwood, who uses seeds much more than other characters.

hope it gets fixed soon.

Share this comment