Heres one thing I dislike in a recent update

TL/DR: Giving two scepters to the queen feels very wrong. We should change that

So, first, lets remind how royal itens were a while ago: We had one scepter that was in the Roc Island and one crown, given to the player by killing the Mant Queen.

You could give the scepter and the crown to the queen to get access to the can of silly strings and the key of the city. That totally makes sense, you are returning to the queen the itens that she lost. We had no Wilba that time.

BUT

When wilba came, to unlock her, you need to give her the Crown. Ok, that makes sense too. But now you have only the scepter to give the queen, meaning you can only have access to either the can or the key. Ok.

What I totally dislike is the "workaround" for this, that is spawning two scepters at the Roc Island. I mean, that seems like a really "cheap" way to resolve the issue ):

Maybe we could have another to give the queen? A ring, a cape, something, but not two scepters. Or change the conditions the unlock Wilba, give the scepter and crown to the queen and some other item to Wilba.

2 minutes ago, Wyulliam said:

Maybe we could have another to give the queen? A ring, a cape, something, but not two scepters. Or change the conditions the unlock Wilba, give the scepter and crown to the queen and some other item to Wilba.

I shot and killed Wilba with the blunderbuss. Seemed to work for me.

473994198400499712.png.78e43b58acc8240aad580e3ce9ee044d.png

2 minutes ago, nomnom victory said:

You unlock Wilba by giving the Royal Crown to Queen Malfalfa, not by giving it to Wilba.

So you can still get both of the items in the Royal Gallery and unlock Wilba without needing two scepters.

Are you sure? I gave Wilba the crown and she took it. Did that chance?

15 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Well, I mean she got grounded because she lost her mother's crown and scepter.

Yeah, that's the only explanation that makes sense, just because you can give a crown to the irresponsible child who lost it in the first place doesn't mean you should.

9 hours ago, nomnom victory said:

Yeah, that's the only explanation that makes sense, just because you can give a crown to the irresponsible child who lost it in the first place doesn't mean you should.

I've been fooled.

But, giving the queen two scepters is weird anyway

1 minute ago, nomnom victory said:

But you want her to be free, right? The only way she's getting free is if she get's her mumsy's lost crown and scepter back.

Also IIRC the devs said in a stream that that is the canonical reason as to why she's grounded. 

On 11/28/2018 at 9:03 PM, Wyulliam said:

Are you sure? I gave Wilba the crown and she took it. Did that chance?

That must have changed. When I first got there with the crown, my first instinct was to give it to Wilba because I wanted to unlock her. But she said "Giveth that to mother" or something like that. Also, I never saw a second scepter at the nest. This was roughly a week, maybe 1.5 weeks ago.

7 hours ago, Ralin Aura said:

That must have changed. When I first got there with the crown, my first instinct was to give it to Wilba because I wanted to unlock her. But she said "Giveth that to mother" or something like that. Also, I never saw a second scepter at the nest. This was roughly a week, maybe 1.5 weeks ago.

So that is nice, Wilba does not accept the Crown anymore. Before that change, I simply lost the crown forever 'cause I gave it to her.

The scepters, I saw on gameplays, where the Roc island spawn 2 scepters.

Maybe that changed too?

3 hours ago, Wyulliam said:

So that is nice, Wilba does not accept the Crown anymore. Before that change, I simply lost the crown forever 'cause I gave it to her.

The scepters, I saw on gameplays, where the Roc island spawn 2 scepters.

Maybe that changed too?

Roc Island spawned two scepters yesterday (11/29/18).  I have no problem with two scepters.  

Archived