Cooking Mushrooms

I just started a new colony on the preview branch.  I started trying to cook mushrooms when I noticed that they won't cook mushrooms. The electric grill is spamming a Building Lacks Resource message (sound and all).  Despite the fact that there is a full mushroom right on top of it and it is accessible.  I found a similar bug in the bug tracker, but I was wondering if there was an in game solution so my dupes don't have to starve.

I tried reloading and removing all partial mushrooms from my base, but neither of these worked.

EDIT:  I am playing the preview branch.

12 hours ago, Mariilyn said:

I think that if you build a fridge beside the grill and store the mushrooms in it, the grill will detect them.

Either that did it, or the dupes just hadn't gotten around to doing it yet, but they are now cooking mushrooms.  Now if only I could get rid of the spamming warming message...

1 minute ago, Iriswaters said:

Are you playing the Testing Branch?   Because this is a known bug with the new recipe menu.   The only solution is micromanagement.   Or going back to the stable version.

I am playing on the testing branch.  I just wish the kind of bugs I was finding didn't involve sounds constantly playing in my ears.

In order to not get the message, there needs to be enough to fill the entire order(or for 5 for infinite), already available not still a full plant, and not currently being carried otherwise you get the puttputtputt issue and your dupes start drop-spamming and will fail to ever fill the order.

It's a pretty gnarly bug

Seems like a bug that I am dealing with for some time now: (playing the preview branch^^)

My grills will just keep spamming missing resources and my ingredients are pilling up.

Quick and dirty solution: Add and remove an order so your grill checks resources again.

(I run constinous mushroom orders and just add/remove an omlett order to start my grill again. Given some sterile storage you can keep your base alive and bulk cook every x cycles. But I am not sure if an automated door under the grill could periodically trigger the condition to search for available resources.)

4 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

(I run constinous mushroom orders and just add/remove an omlett order to start my grill again. Given some sterile storage you can keep your base alive and bulk cook every x cycles. But I am not sure if an automated door under the grill could periodically trigger the condition to search for available resources.)

or just change from infinite to zero and back.. same difference :)

Archived