Jump to content

Stealing system in hamlet make it too easy.


Recommended Posts

If you are wondering, you can steal everything in shop when the shopkeeper is asleep. This also spawn Krampus and make farming it's sack so easy.

Stealing should not increase Naughtiness level, but instead increase Crime level. Wearing Swashy Hat (from masked pig) will allow you get away from crime but make your crime level fixed at 50 while wearing, and return to default when take off.

Shop keeper wont sell if you has high crime level. Guard will chase you if you has high crime level and stand near them.

Stealing make it too easy because it give too much resources, from food, to healing and recover sanity, and, it also spawn krampus, which is too easy to deal with to farm krampus sack. If you are in ROG or Shipwrecked, your base is out door and you might worry about them stealing, but all your resources are in your house now, krampus is actually a reward and not any punishment at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CrimXane said:

want money ? 
easy go into an academy before night time

wait for the owner to sleep

30 oincs easy. :) 

Use 10 oinc to hire a pig guard to kill the owner,

10 more oinc to hire one of the 2 pig guard appeared when owner got attacked to make sure the owner die.

then 30 oincs everyday without any restriction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2018 at 6:00 AM, Tranoze said:

Use 10 oinc to hire a pig guard to kill the owner,

10 more oinc to hire one of the 2 pig guard appeared when owner got attacked to make sure the owner die.

then 30 oincs everyday without any restriction.

Want even easier money? Go into academy right before close. When shop owner goes to sleep take 30 oincs. Leave shop and come back right before dark the next day (but do not enter before then) and shopkeep (who will still be sleeping from when you left last night) will wake up once time of day switches to night and he willingly restocks while you steal. Youll have a ton of krampuses outside once youre done stealing 1000 oincs or however many you can get before day time. 

 

Works in any shop i think. But ive only done it in the academy for 10 piece oincs. 

 

Stealing def needs fixed though. Klei will fix it and do a good job on it. But  im guilty of doing it cause im sick and damn tired of trying to sell to every pig in town for a whole season lol. Kinda goes against things i liked about dont starve. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, daduhweewah said:

Want even easier money? Go into academy right before close. When shop owner goes to sleep take 30 oincs. Leave shop and come back right before dark the next day (but do not enter before then) and shopkeep (who will still be sleeping from when you left last night) will wake up once time of day switches to night and he willingly restocks while you steal. Youll have a ton of krampuses outside once youre done stealing 1000 oincs or however many you can get before day time. 

 

Works in any shop i think. But ive only done it in the academy for 10 piece oincs. 

 

Stealing def needs fixed though. Klei will fix it and do a good job on it. But  im guilty of doing it cause im sick and damn tired of trying to sell to every pig in town for a whole season lol. Kinda goes against things i liked about dont starve. 

That not easier money, you have to waste time wait for night every time you do this. While killing the owner give you permanent access to stealing day or night, since everything reset on new day. You are still amateur in stealing, that why you dont see it easiest yet.

Read my chat pls: "then 30 oincs everyday without any restriction."

by no restriction it mean you dont have to wait for night and can steal from 100 different store each day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tranoze said:

That not easier money, you have to waste time wait for night every time you do this. While killing the owner give you permanent access to stealing day or night, since everything reset on new day. You are still amateur in stealing, that why you dont see it easiest yet.

Read my chat pls: "then 30 oincs everyday without any restriction."

by no restriction it mean you dont have to wait for night and can steal from 100 different store each day.

Ill maintain that the EASIEST way to get oincs is the way I posted it. You cant go into stores at night, you have to go in at dusk and wait for night to fall. 

 

Then if you do as I said you can literally steal 1000 plus oincs at one time. Stealing 30 a day is not easier, except for getting 30 specifically, and you STILL have to go in at same time of day/can only go once a day due to no restocking to do what you said, where as what I posted requires you go back late into dusk the following day (but dont forget I got the 30 oincs the night before also, I just added onto what everyone knows). What I posted doesnt even turn pig guards on you, krampus is all that shows up and that gives you a krampus bag/charcoal/monstermeat

What I posted needs fixed though. The store shop will literally restock all night while you steal with no other punishment than krampus (which is not a punishment) and even when day comes all that happens is you can not steal any further, still no aggro on you for having stolen all night (again, aside from krampus). But I essentially made my game boring by acquiring thousands of oincs during the course of a few nights. 

 

However, what you said needs fixed also. Neither are good for the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tranoze said:

krampus is a reward...

it hard to spawn him massively like how stealing does in hamlet.

Hence why the very next thing I typed was “(which is not a punishment)” verbatim. 

 

Though it kind of is a punishment when theres 100 of them outside and it bogs the game down. But not in the traditional balancing punishment but rather the you abuse the game and this is what you get punishment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...