New puft farm design

If using terrariums, you could add a small drip of water onto the terrariums and add mesh tiles in your puft farm to catch the bottles but let the water seep through.  Less dupe upkeep needed for watering the terrariums and it prevents your bottles from offgassing in the O2 area, so win win.  Just gotta turn off Deliver on your Tidy guy and only let him in the room to empty the terrariums.

I was messing with your design a bit.  My last attempt I had a dense puft farm in the upper area to take advantage of all that oxygen, but I removed it when I added the automation because I was worried eggs/oxylite would trigger the automation.

Dual sweepers in the bottom level are for delivering; right handles slime/algae, left handles sand/P.Dirt.  Compost and Algae Distiller emit Po2 so makes sense to put them in the bottom section as well.  The small wall in the middle is to prevent dupes from messing with the system

5c00e8a027a36_TerrariumPuftFarm-Base.thumb.png.07fde22d079b2bb8bed08a689b4f2d88.png

Figured out the automation for the dual mechanical door setup.  The system gets primed when the guy enters the room and activates when he leaves.  Top doors open and close, then bottom doors open and close, then this part of the system goes into standby.  The weight plate in the puft room gets triggered when a bottle is on it, so it will open the top row of doors to stop the terrariums from using water if the plate is held down.  When the bottle disappears, this half of the system goes into standby and the entire thing is waiting for the dupe to enter the room again.

I basically brute forced it into my system so the automation wires are not clean.  Whole thing works but most would probably prefer to hide the automation behind something instead of it taking up the entire top area. 

5c00e89a4254d_TerrariumPuftFarm-Automation.thumb.png.d2a24836f4e9473f79824e3c26818083.png

I tested the automation design in a separate area, so that's probably much easier to understand/set up.  Might be a better way to handle it but I was trying to set it to be as automated as possible.  Only dupe interaction is emptying the terrariums, taking care of the pufts, and flipping compost.

5c00e8a36c605_TerrariumPuftFarm-SmallAutomation.thumb.png.3046e8779aa7631e24d2d08a5386f5e9.png

Instead of having the bottles drop into the puft room, might be better off just pulling the room out of this design and just letting the bottles collect in an empty room and build the puft pens nearby so the o2 or Po2 just flows through airflow tiles into their pens.  That way you could separate the bottle room from the pufts so your dupes don't try to sweep up the bottles while caring for the pufts so there is less micro managing of who can go where. 

Also allows for more pens of pneumatic doors so you just need one sweeper at the bottom to gather all the slime/eggs.  Either need dupes to gather the slime/eggs on the ground by the grooming stations or use mechanical doors for their foundation so the contents can be cleaned every now and then.  The only issue might be pufts wandering when the mechanical doors are open.  If a random prince puft makes it into your normal puft room it would kill your production.  Lures might work if they are turned on through automation a few seconds before all the mechanical doors open to perhaps prevent this issue.

Lastly, you could make a door converyor system under the terrarium room to push all the bottles into one tile in your puft ranch.  Not sure how that affects offgasing (I think it increases it) but it ensures that your bottles are on the toggle plate so you save water.

15 hours ago, DMW_MD said:

At the risk of necroing a long dead post, thank you @Neotuck.   This just saved my 300 cycle base with water geysers ridiculously far away.

thx for necroing ,I was looking for it,I was trying to make my terrariums slime farm after seeing this topic(nothing to do in that base),below is my build,I don't see other people sharing it(maybe it was too simple no one brother to make a post lol)
personally like to build stuff very compact.and I figured out it is not necessary to build a door under terrariums,you only need mesh tile and drop small water on top of the terrariums,with a shutoff gate and value to stop dropping too much water,hydro senor set to 0.01 below shutoff,and value is 700g for 2,it give off enough PO2 for a few puft....
the idea is terrariums eat water and drop PH2O bottle at the same place....with 0.01kg water it will create a small vacuum allow PO2 offgasing
the bonus point is the system once prime(the layer of mesh tile is filled with water) you can drop 90 degree water on terrariums without heat damage since it was fixed temp output.
Now the question is how to keep puft prince to 1 only....my puft always switching from full of prince and normal puft....so much pain

20190211000304_1.thumb.jpg.6cf4d140c864b7f382a38e2d87644c39.jpg20190211120933_1.thumb.jpg.d01130c7a68fa0b668797661c3a026e9.jpg

Archived