How to renew Rainforest Trees?

So... after I did a lot of exploring and getting my wood from tee trees (I think my first couple of plays that was my only wood source) I decided to give rainforest tree chopping a go. But: I have totally no idea how to renew them. Could you help me out? Things I already tried:

- Chopping them down when they a blooming (Lush Season), tried about 15-20 Trees; no seeds

- I remembered in one of my earlier plays (but since then 2 updates have passed) I found tons of seeds while heavy winds were going, so I thougt heavy winds would drop the seeds. So I went into deep rainforest and waited for heavy winds; 3x have those heavy winds occured, still no seeds

So now my question: What exactly do I have to do to get those da*** seeds or is my game just bugged out?

Thanks

16 hours ago, BadlyBurned said:

I know the spider trees regrow from the stump. If you leave the stump apparently they grow back over time, and its a deep rainforest tree I believe.

Any chance the rest of the trees work like this too? If you leave the stump it'll grow back eventually?

Thanks for your suggestions, I tried that one with a tree in the normal rainforest and one tree in the deep rainforest in lush season and I had still no success - still no seed or regrowth... so - atm I just think its bugged. But thank you.

20 hours ago, _midnightrain_ said:

tons of seeds while heavy winds were going, so I thougt heavy winds would drop the seeds. So I went into deep rainforest and waited for heavy winds; 3x have those heavy winds occured, still no seeds

According to game files blooming tree (3rd level with visible burrs on top) have only 30% chance to drop the burr (seed) during heavy winds

For you to get seeds from them, they have to be blooming in Lush season and winds have to blow. That being said, not even close to all blooming trees give seeds when the wind blows, probably about 20% ish of them in my experience.

I like this.. it doesn't seem like so much of a mistake, as instead a statement of rain forest conservation. I mean, you can't just regrow a rain forest with a snap of your fingers. Maybe they made this so complicated and impossible because they want you to know that when a rain forest is gone.. its GONE.

But maybe its also a bug lol

Archived