Automation to shut off power...

Does anyone have any examples of an automation system that you would use to shut off the power to a certain area during 'emergencies' 

For example, in my current map I have a natural gas geyser as one of my main power sources supplying power to everything. When the geyser goes dormant I have to manually tinker about with the different areas of my base to stop all hell breaking loose. I've attached thermo sensors to a lot of different machines so I can manually switch stuff off to save energy when the nat gas geysers are dormant.

So I'm looking for a system that will keep power running to my main base for example and shut off power to everywhere else. (without me having to manually switch stuff on and off) Just examples of what other people have done in their bases.

(also this is one of the reasons I tend to design farms etc. that don't use any power, so they're still running during 'blackouts')

In making automation you have to analyse what your actual problem is that you want to automate from.

In your case it's power shortage but what is the source of the power shortage. Lack of natural gas to run the generators. So you simply put a sensor in your natural gas storage, and only allow power (using the power shut offs) to non-vital segments when you have excess natural gas.

5 minutes ago, Xadhoom said:

Something like this could work. if you get so low on power you need to run your coal generators, then the top left transformer wont be running, if you get excess even from just running hydrogen gen, it can run for short times.

image.png.568aff267bc607dd642ae2aa0564c636.png

Ye I already have the smart batteries set up like this where coal generators are the last thing to come on after everything else runs out.

I mainly want to shut off power to non-vital parts of the base once power is low. So  I don't end up running out of coal during those times.

What is the NOT gate for? It stops power to the transformer?

7 minutes ago, ChickenMadness said:

What is the NOT gate for? It stops power to the transformer?

yes, smart battery turn ON once below the set value, and OFF once above. with the NOT gate, it will turn the transformer OFF when below 50% charge so it don't drain power, and ON once you have 80% enough charge.

Archived