Please implement a report system. I was sexually harassed

LaQueenDG

Just a while ago, a Vietnamese player came into our server. Everyone was speaking English and this person kept on typing in Vietnamese. 
I don't mind the language, but we told them that we didn't understand. 5 other players including me were talking strats in English. 
They kept on typing in Vietnamese (a lot), but seeing they were a level 57, we brushed off the language barrier and trusted that maybe this person knows how to play.
Mid game, not even past the 3rd wave, they started harassing me. I guess they looked up my location through Steam because they typed "F you Japanese" and other sexually related words.
Not thinking twice I left.

I was playing with my fiance and he was surprised that I left the server mid game. I told him what happened and he said he didn't see it on screen, and he was watching the chat the whole time, which means this harasser was whispering chat to me specifically.

I agree that a report system should be available.

I'm playing this fun event for FUN. Not to be sexually harassed.

First there was a Vietnamese player then it's "they" thoughout the text. Who are the others? Is this just a mistake?

Saying F-you is not appropriate, but it's not a sexual harassment, it's swearing, offensive language.

And I'm pretty sure there is no way "they" could wisper you personaly. Really confusing story to say the least.

I'm sorry this happened to you LaQueenDG. Sounds like a total creep. I wouldn't mind a report system if it would help rid the community of people like that.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:24 AM, biorival said:

First there was a Vietnamese player then it's "they" thoughout the text. Who are the others? Is this just a mistake?

LaQueenDG is probably using singular they pronouns since they do not know this harasser's gender.

Also, to quote OP:

On 11/14/2018 at 12:41 PM, LaQueenDG said:

they typed "F you Japanese" and other sexually related words.

LaQueenDG just did not specify what was said.

Hi..

sorry for the confusion, but yes, 
I used "they" because I don't know the gender of this player so i used "they/them/their".
And yes, I didn't specify any of the words they used except for "F you" because I don't want to get banned from this forum.

As for personally whispering to me, my fiance was in that battle and he was watching the chat constantly and he didn't see any of the words this person sent me. I personally don't know if private whisper chat is possible or not, I never tried it myself (I also have no reason to), but I trust my fiance.

Anyway, I reported the user to Steam, no feedback of course, but assuming they didn't change their username I just memorized it and check players before entering a server to avoid any further encounter.

13 hours ago, LaQueenDG said:

I personally don't know if private whisper chat is possible or not, I never tried it myself (I also have no reason to), but I trust my fiance.

There is a proximity whisper in-game, but the Forge arena is small enough I think it would encompass the whole thing anyway—maybe not if you were on exactly opposite sides of the map, but I dunno.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

There is a proximity whisper in-game, but the Forge arena is small enough I think it would encompass the whole thing anyway—maybe not if you were on exactly opposite sides of the map, but I dunno.

I don't really remember (it's been a few days). I specifically remember that this person was playing Willow and they might have been close to me? My fiance was Woodie so he might have been on the other side.

It's over now, but I have been extra vigilant ever since which is kinda ruining the Forge for me. I just want to have fun playing without the anxiety of encountering a troll. 

On 11/17/2018 at 9:08 PM, LaQueenDG said:

It's over now, but I have been extra vigilant ever since which is kinda ruining the Forge for me. I just want to have fun playing without the anxiety of encountering a troll. 

Such is the thing with online encounters.  There's always a chance no matter what system is in place that you could encounter another person just as bad as this one.

I haven't looked, but I know the base game has a mute option on a per-player basis.  Perhaps there's one in Forge?  If not, then there should be.

Archived