Point to playing The Forge?

Null1314

I'm not talking about fun, im just asking if there's a reason to playing the forge otherwise if i just always buy the cheap skin packs that Klei offers every event. I dont need spool because of buying them, so are there exclusive skins or SOMETHING that you get for playing The Forge or is it more for fun after you have the skins? Cause if there isn't anything else to offer than it being objectively fun then i'd rather just play the base game. I played The Forge plenty last time and its just people arguing in every match as it always has to be the same static strategy.

As far as we know now, there is nothing in the Forge that money can't buy. At the end of the Gorge, there was a tournament (which was only announced shortly before it started), and there were items that could be won, but not bought. However, they were just profile pics, so definitely not worth the grind if you were not enjoying the event.

I agree that the Forge is pretty repetitive and, for a large part, toxic. I did enjoy the Gorge quite a lot more. 

You might aswell ask what the point of playing video games is. There is none, except fun. Surprisingly many people tend to forget that, especially when it comes to online gaming.

The skins have no effect on the gameplay of the Forge.

I personally play the Forge because I like it, the skins are just the cherry on top of the cake.

3 minutes ago, Lepeightl said:

You might aswell ask what the point of playing video games is. There is none, except fun. Surprisingly many people tend to forget that, especially when it comes to online gaming.

The skins have no effect on the gameplay of the Forge.

I personally play the Forge because I like it, the skins are just the cherry on top of the cake.

Mind as well of not posted if you are going to come from the standpoint of me forgetting what Videogames are about. I literally already mentioned the part about it being for fun, I was specifically asking if there was another reason to play it content-wise that I didn't know of such as exclusives. But, since you'd like to remind me they are for fun, no The Forge has largely not been fun because it's a toxic environment filled with elitists and where you have to play the same static best strategy or you are a troll automatically. But, if there were exclusives or something then i'd power through it just like I did with League of Legends even if that's the most toxic videogame to ever live.

@Null1314 You know what? I agree with you. When The Forge came last year, they only sold survivor skins and left item skins for grinding ( it is nearly impossible to grind all 12 survivor skin tho). I can't remember how excited it was to open an elegant skin (just to unravel it for more spools). I don't know why Klei sells all the skin this year, items included. Although I agree that Klei has tried their best to bring new contents to The Forge, I'm a little bit disappointed that they sell a combo that includes everything, and we normally buy that bundle, because it is pretty beneficial compared to other offer bundles. It's just not rewarding enough to grind anymore, even for "poor" players, like me.

However, it is still pretty fun tho. Thank you so much for bringing The Forge back Klei.

Archived