Warmth...

I was just thinking about the upcoming warmth mechanic and if it would have a meter or not. I was thinking about this mostly because I think that another meter would just overcrowd the right side of our screen with meters. So I have an idea of how you can have a meter of sorts, but wouldn't add to to cluster of meters on the side. The way I was thinking you could do this is have the health meter slowly turn blue if you are getting cold. Also that the picture of the heart has a second layer of a frozen version of it, that slowly becomes opaque the colder you get so it looks like the heart is freezing. Then once it becomes full frozen you slowly lose health or something unless you warm up. (And what would make the warmth thing even better is if the characters themselves got visibly colder...)

The whole screen should freeze in from the edges, like some times in Cryostatis. Y'know, it should just get a little "icy", but transparent, on the edges. When the whole screen is frozen, you die.

+1 to this idea here. I'm really against adding meters, but this grapic way of showing freezing fits. My only concern is it woudl become hard to follow if the character goes insane.

+1 to this idea here. I'm really against adding meters, but this grapic way of showing freezing fits. My only concern is it woudl become hard to follow if the character goes insane.

When you are insane, i assume it's hard to tell if you are warm and comfortable or not :D

And why is a fever of over 42° Celsius very dangerous? Because the protein will be damaged. Of course a human can overheat and die.

Yeah, that's inner temperature you're talking about. But when it's just on the outside (from a fire, in the sun) it would take hours to die of a 42°C outter temperature.I mean, of course you can overheat, but not from staying near a fire for 30 minutes or so :D

Ok^^ but i meant if you have a temperature too cold, good temperature there should be a too hot (like the tallbird eggs) which is also bad for your health.

It sounds reasonable, but the jacket (i have no idea what's it called right now) you make out of a koalephant trunk, sais that it is also suited for summer, in the description.

Yes...indeed. Well we have to wait how warmth will work to be sure.

But i agree that there should be some kind of overheating.. but it shouldn't be deadly. Maybe hunger depletes faster? Since you're sweating, and in this game thirst=hunger. Kinda.Maybe it's not warmth Klei wants to implement, maybe it's just "Coldness"...