(Funny) glitch STARVATION FROM TOILET

20181106195800_1.thumb.jpg.0374a8e26acb9bf1a7ab14ccfaace031.jpg

So my duplicant died from starvation, when I have 75k calories as you can see. I have seen more than once the warning that someone is starving, because he/she's is using the toilet. Food is only a couple of meters further down the corridor, and yet...

Oh and don't mind the name

It happens for me when playing with more hungry dupes. Sometimes they don`t eat enough for the entire day and get the starvation warning mid day or when in the toilet. I guess on the hardest hunger difficulty if a dupe gets starving and full bladder at the asme time he might strave in the toilet (espacially with the trait making him sit there longer).

16 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Also how long is your break times, if it's too short they won't have time to eat

My break time is 3 hours / blocks.

17 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Is the food available restricted on the consumables tab?

Nope

15 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

It happens for me when playing with more hungry dupes. Sometimes they don`t eat enough for the entire day and get the starvation warning mid day or when in the toilet. I guess on the hardest hunger difficulty if a dupe gets starving and full bladder at the asme time he might strave in the toilet (espacially with the trait making him sit there longer).

yeah lol

27 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Is the food available restricted on the consumables tab?

Also how long is your break times, if it's too short they won't have time to eat

They try to top up if under 2000 kcal ( I think that was the number ) during break time, but if they get close to starving, they will go eat no matter what time it is.

I've seen this before, and it's a glitch. Save/load when it happens will solve the situation every time.

For some reason they will eat only high tier food while under the effect of this glitch, so if you have some BBQ on hand you can allow them to eat that without save/load.

33 minutes ago, psusi said:

but if they get close to starving, they will go eat no matter what time it is.

Unless they have to go to the toilet. Then tehy will do that first and on highest hunger setting that might be enough to make them starve to death.

I wonder if there`s some glitch with how much they eat on harder hunger settings. For example it calcualtes food shortage for normal consumption (1000 kcal/cycle even if they eat more).

Archived