Thunderhat = Sea-Base Lightning Rod?

Am I totally wrong about this, or could you just bring a Thunderhat through to your Shipwrecked world and leave it lying in the water to act as a Lightning Rod for your Sea-Base?

The wiki claims that it acts as a Lightning attractor, but I can't figure out which prefab file it is so I can't confirm for myself. If it's just a Lightning insulated hat then it's obviously not going to be nearly as useful.

20 hours ago, piratekingflcl said:

The wiki claims that it acts as a Lightning attractor, but I can't figure out which prefab file it is so I can't confirm for myself. If it's just a Lightning insulated hat then it's obviously not going to be nearly as useful.

I made and used it in the beta just to test it... I'm fairly certain the answer to this is yes. I tested it with thunderbirds and it did act like an insulated lightning rod where the lightning always struck the hat while you were wearing it. I don't know if it would act like a portable rod, as in, if it were dropped on the ground if it would still attract lightning and if it did, if that would mess with its durability or not.

It uses up a TON of durability on the hat each time you get struck by lightning. iirc it uses like 1/9th of its dura per lightning strike. I personally couldn't come up with a great use for it during the Beta, neither in Hamlet or outside.

Archived