Drecko farm

Okay, this is a farm I made for fun, in no way at all am I trying to say that this is the right way to make a drecko farm, this is simply my design.

The reason I am posting this is because I want some critism for this. I want to improve.

image.thumb.png.5441377afa520458601b00ffb122d9a9.png

1. Feeder is unneccesary.

2. You can have much more hydrogen. The layer where hydrogen and chlorine would alternate must be just above bottom of plants.

3. Labirinth - bad idea, because it would be long way for drecko to shearing/grooming station - waste of dupe time.

4.Station must be in the middle of room to shorten time for grooming/shearing.

5 minutes ago, Fischer_L said:

1. Feeder is unneccesary.

2. You can have much more hydrogen. The layer where hydrogen and chlorine would alternate must be just above bottom of plants.

3. Labirinth - bad idea, because it would be long way for drecko to shearing/grooming station - waste of dupe time.

4.Station must be in the middle of room to shorten time for grooming/shearing.

Alright! I will work on a new design, and post it later. Thanks for the critism! :)

1 minute ago, Hellshound38 said:

you can use a a pool of water 2x2 on each side to stop them from climbing on the ceiling.

I don't know why they shouldnt be able to walk on the ceiling, but I will do that. Thanks!

Nice maze for them, but here are the problems you might encounter.

1. Hydrogen is gonna leak out every time you open the door.
  2. Your rancher will suffocate badly, reducing effectivity and increasing stress.
  3. Dreckos will have to travel a lot when coming from the upper chamber, and with all the maze too.

Here's something you can try, this is a 96 tile room with a carbon dioxide lock supported by 2 exosuits. Carbon dioxide is mainly for mealwood thus for glossy dreckos. Dreckos can walk up to the doors after they are done feeding from the lower parts also will enable by dups to roam around.

image.thumb.png.c6647bff4b7d2a241dc35fbe3e76070b.png

The challenging part in setting this up is you have to fill it with carbon dioxide first by running a coal generator inside then pumping the hydrogen after. They tend to dance around if you place them simultaneously it will give a problem to your mealwoods.

1 hour ago, pancakemafia said:

Nice maze for them, but here are the problems you might encounter.

1. Hydrogen is gonna leak out every time you open the door.
  2. Your rancher will suffocate badly, reducing effectivity and increasing stress.
  3. Dreckos will have to travel a lot when coming from the upper chamber, and with all the maze too.

Here's something you can try, this is a 96 tile room with a carbon dioxide lock supported by 2 exosuits. Carbon dioxide is mainly for mealwood thus for glossy dreckos. Dreckos can walk up to the doors after they are done feeding from the lower parts also will enable by dups to roam around.

image.thumb.png.c6647bff4b7d2a241dc35fbe3e76070b.png

The challenging part in setting this up is you have to fill it with carbon dioxide first by running a coal generator inside then pumping the hydrogen after. They tend to dance around if you place them simultaneously it will give a problem to your mealwoods.

Thank you for all this critism. Orignally I made the maze thingy to get more space with hydrogen. I wanted them to spend more time in an area with hydrogen, so their scales would grow quicker. Orignally the farm was filled with half chlorine, and half hydrogen. And I should have started by mentioning that I wasn't trying to make the most efficient nor professional design.

I will take your design into account, and I will try to create my own, and possibly change up a couple of things.
And then I might finally be able to hear the dreckos's great clapping noise that they make when moving!
Thank you!

I should have probably explained this in the main post, but when I made that Drecko farm, I wasnt going for effiency. I was going for what worked. And that is why I came on here to see if any of the pros had any tips, on how to improve it.
And oh boy, did you guys deliever.

I now have a very efficient drecko farm, that will supply me with all the reed fiber that I could ever need.
Special thanks to all the amazing people on here that wanted to help me with this farm.
And I have settled with this design:

image.thumb.png.b968b3a641605a7841ee9b74ab059de9.png

(I am growing Balm Lilies to feed them, they might not be visible here in the photo)

Sorry for any mispellings and small grammatic errors, It's 1am for me, and I am super tired, and cannot think straight.
Thank you :^)

Only critique I can give you at this point is that you should consider switching from Balm Lilies to Mealwood to change the Dreckos from Woolly to Glossy, producing Plastic instead of Reed Fiber.  Reed Fiber is rather limited in uses, but Plastic has many applications.  And you've already got power access from below there to supply the Mealwood with Dirt via Auto-sweepers and a Conveyor.  Depends on whether you have the Dirt or not.  All that'd be left then is to replace the Chlorine with O2 or CO2.

Reed fiber is used for the super insulator recipie so it`s good to stockpile some for the late game. Isoresin(the other ingredient) seems to be the easiest rare material to get from space and late game reed fiber will become the bottleneck.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

Isoresin(the other ingredient) seems to be the easiest rare material to get from space and late game reed fiber will become the bottleneck.

Nah, every seed is different - I get way more niobium/fullerene in my current playthrough than anything else.

9 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

Only critique I can give you at this point is that you should consider switching from Balm Lilies to Mealwood to change the Dreckos from Woolly to Glossy, producing Plastic instead of Reed Fiber.  Reed Fiber is rather limited in uses, but Plastic has many applications.  And you've already got power access from below there to supply the Mealwood with Dirt via Auto-sweepers and a Conveyor.  Depends on whether you have the Dirt or not.  All that'd be left then is to replace the Chlorine with O2 or CO2.

Good idea, I might make another farm, just for glossy dreckos.

29 minutes ago, Axinity said:

Good idea, I might make another farm, just for glossy dreckos.

For your glossy drecko farm you're gonna need to replace the heating system with a cooling one. Compost makes dirt that's too hot for mealwood.

Archived