A few frustrations.

So I play in survival mode and have strict rules about debug mode. Namely It is for regolith. when I got up to 40,000 tons of the stuff i said enough is enough. So I can only sweep new regolith that falls. I have spent over 2000 cycles using auto sweepers to clean up the regolith that was already there and will be doing it for 2000 more till it is done. I have been feeding it to my volcano and when the magma cools it turns into an igneous this tile no longer transfers heat to the magma around it. I would expect the regolith that is trapped buried in the igneous rock would transfer heat with that tile and then the magma cooling all the magma into tiles. then i could dig them all out. Not sure if this is a game choice or what but it seems odd to me.5bd34bdf286d8_igneoussametemp.thumb.png.10af479ae3c95d9316f7cfbc57bb3aa5.png

Next up Is my space dupe tank. filled that space palace thing up with water and one little square has had a small amount of steam in it for over 1000 cycles. the temp will not change. I know I can build a tile in it then deconstruct it and I am going to do that now but once again that seems odd to me.5bd34a5979ba3_stillsteamed.thumb.png.4e02d4b693b2066f7934f721c16eace5.png

Lastly. deleting material is so last week. what about gas and liquid. Had a glossy dreko farm in my last map that i had to keep putting hydrogen and oxygen into because the CO2 air lock and a the mechanical airlock ended up deleting gas. I noticed this map that gasses and liquids are still deleted when boxed in. I even had a sealed room delete hydrogen when i pumped in co2.5bd34a77dfb02_waterandgasdeletion.thumb.png.8f751816a92f07ad53a503270c3a0bc4.png

I read in another post about putting fish in the air lock and It made me think about putting fish in the palace. To late to put sweepers in though. Already had a meteor break the seal once when it was half full. lost all that water that time it sucked. I also tried to make a air bubbler in it but I couldn't get it to work :(

SO frustrated right now.

@crypticorb i give you my game save but you probably won't find anything special in it. the i spent most of the game at 10 dupes then scaled up to 15 and am working on scaling up to 20 now.  i hope you enjoy it.

mas3.sav

@ chemie I use ladders cause that is what I grew up with. the air bubbler I wanted to make is like this image.png.a660d6dfff649f001d62051a12f3d3d5.png

Nice... i was trying in my last game to pump all the magma in the bottom part to the void area and melt there regolith (i was lucky only 9200 tones), but i start play whit rockets and reach 12200 tones, so now i will play only whit biohazardous dupe (until now i have 4 and trying to get the 5-th if i am lucky) and this time i will test the shove vole and regolith balance input/ output...

Also last game i was accused of mistreating my pacus (too little water and they was crowded) this game i will be generous and give them the biggest fishtank they ever had in they entire life, And as usual all my dupes will have fish tank view. Also I will build an apartment for each of my dupe (separate bathroom, separate bed) the only thing in common will be recreation room, med bay and grand hall

@tzionut That sounds fun. BTW not sure if you know this but auto save doesn't save the stats of the dups that are printable. so you can load auto save and if it doesn't have the dupe you want reload it. works best when you are starting as 5 minute load times makes save scumming painful.

@crypticorb So i have been under taking a shift in rocket stuff. the left side was my old lox and i started working on a new lox on the right so i can build a lh2 on the left for a hydrogen rocket. but then i ended up redoing all my solar panels because i brought a hard line up top instead of wires. so things are in flux up there. i will upload a better save if i ever get to a stable state. Oh and a lot of what i do is manual. like when i have to many puft prince eggs i just sweep them and the sweeper then puts them into the storage next to it. and i drop regolith into the magma manually when it needs it. oh and the phosphorus on the left was to feed shines but i found a cash of it so i haven't been focusing on reducing the temp. oh and so much. I have built and rebuilt the pipes so many time. I had everything running threw the cold biomes and they were melting. so i rerouted them. and used wheeze warts to stabilize the biomes.

all in all it is just a mess and time to time i clean it up. honestly i can't believe i am still playing this game. but i got to find gold on one of these planets. GOLD!

Archived