Liquid flow goof?

I had this setup working before SU and then I had to rebuild it.  The idea is that the thermo sensor opens the valve when the petrol is cool enough to go back to the cool tank, and if it is too hot, the valve closes, so the petrol should flow past the valve into the hot tank to make another loop around the steam turbine.  For some reason, once the valve closed, the petrol flowed into the first pipe segment above the valve and then stopped short, refusing to continue the 3 more pipe segments to the input of the tank.  I deleted one of the pipe segments and replaced it with a bridge and that seems to have fixed it, but is this a new bug?

Screenshot from 2018-10-21 15-44-06.png

7 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

it was probably packet confusion from having green on either end with white in the middle

Why does that cause confusion?  There is a path from where the liquid is at to a white tile.  What does it matter that there's a green on the other side?

Looks like your old circuit had an ambiguous region looking like this: G-W-W-G (where G is green/output and W is white/input). Between two whites, the packets can dance, because they "see" two possible paths. If we name the nodes G1-W1-W2-G2, in the area between W1 and W2 you can go G1->W2 and G2->W1.

I may be wrong, but it's impossible to tell without screenshot of full circuit, preferably with the "bugged" circuit pointed out somehow (red arrow in paint).

Each tick/round/second whichever it is the packets choose an exit. With multiple inlets scattered around outlets each round the packets change direction, essentially being pushed back. This tends to cause the contents to bounce back and forth around the center point between inlets

Ahh, and until it actually reaches the valve, it doesn't know that it is closed so it may choose to try and go there instead of the tank, and it can't get there because the pipe is already full, so it just sits there.

Archived