Jump to content

Tips for command capsule automation


Recommended Posts

From my limited play with rockets it seems the top port gives an active signal if the launch checklist is done and the rocket is fully ready. After it launches it changes to standby. You can use it to retract the gantry once the rocket is ready but you`ll need to use the logic bit to make sure it stays that way until the rocket is back. You can also use it to open the bunker doors and leave them open until the rocket is back. Then you`ll need a way to reset the system once the rocket returns. The meteor scanner set to rocket detection will detect it on the ground as well so you`ll need a bit more complex system.

I`m currently thinking how to do it properly. When i`ll get the system working later today i`ll post a screenshot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the scanner gives you the signal too late, your scan-quality is maybe too low. Select the scanner, and in the small window bottom right, you see at top the vaules for this scanner and the connected network.

If its below 100% scan quality, the scan-path is maybe blocked, or you need more scanners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

If the scanner gives you the signal too late, your scan-quality is maybe too low

As for now the scanner detects the rocket when it`s ready to land (mission progress at 100%) and doesn`t take the scan quality into account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my experience both the automation output signal from the capsule and the rocket scanner work fine. My bunker doors definitely open in time for the rocket to leave and to arrive. Note that they are powered and sit at the far top of the map while my rocket is built at the lower end of the space biome.

But I have a question. What is the signal input of the capsule doing? Is it just there to prevent the rocket from leaving? Is it possible to have automated rocket flights w/o micromanaging them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, clickrush said:

From my experience both the automation output signal from the capsule and the rocket scanner work fine. My bunker doors definitely open in time for the rocket to leave and to arrive. Note that they are powered and sit at the far top of the map while my rocket is built at the lower end of the space biome.

But I have a question. What is the signal input of the capsule doing? Is it just there to prevent the rocket from leaving? Is it possible to have automated rocket flights w/o micromanaging them?

Yes it's for automated rocket flight, i've seen that the rocket will launch by itself if you have a destination preselected, even though it was a bug since my rocket was leaving by itself when it had sufficient fuel to reach destination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ClarkOps said:

Yes it's for automated rocket flight, i've seen that the rocket will launch by itself if you have a destination preselected, even though it was a bug since my rocket was leaving by itself when it had sufficient fuel to reach destination.

That's very nice! Normally automation inputs for equipment is just to shut things down (most things are 'on' by default). It is super nice that we can completeley automate rocket flights. I'am actually starting to like rocketry since I started to use it and this is the icing on the cake. Before I was rather skeptical because it seemed so micromanagement intensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, clickrush said:

That's very nice! Normally automation inputs for equipment is just to shut things down (most things are 'on' by default). It is super nice that we can completeley automate rocket flights. I'am actually starting to like rocketry since I started use it and this is the icing on the cake. Before I was rather skeptical because it seemed so micromanagement intensive.

Yes but there's a bunch of bug related to the update but hopefully they will patch them soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...