Hamlet ideas i'd suggest to devs

hey guys i have several suggestions i'd like to see in the game so i'm going to list them and who knows, maybe KLEI will like them, i don't have beta so i might be suggesting things that are already in the game:

EASTER EGGS:

1. "Archer danger island" easter egg.

2."Lara croft" easter egg.

3."Indiana jones" easter egg. (pretty sure there's already plenty of them but in any case)

4."Predator" easter egg in deep jungles. (that 3 point laser thingy and crackling sound would be so cool)

5."Pitfall" easter egg. 

STUFF:

1.Oinc slot machine for hardcore gamblah's.

2.Beggar pigs that give you sanity boost for "a change".

3.Whip - because whip's are important part of indiana jonesque adventures. (maybe add some mechanics in temples requiring whips)

4.Predator mask head wear which gives u thermal sight.

5.Jungle fever - debuff which happens if you inhale spores which can be randomly spawned on pickable objects in jungle , screen turns greenish and you start to hallucinate both visually and acoustically.

6.More skulls - like ALOT of skulls, maybe have as unique temple tileset.

7.Wood bike/Stone bike/Iron bike - which uses nightmare fuel and helps you move lilbit faster than walking cane.

9.Garlic - food which can be used to create garlic headwear, while wearing it vampire bats won't attack you.

8.Vampire infection - vampire bats can infect you which can be cured by garlic soup. while infected u take 1 HP damage ticks over in game hour while it's daylight and your movement and damage is increased while it's night, on full moon your damage and movespeed increases are doubled.

9.Backpack/Sleeping bag - Backpack which can be used as sleeping bag for lone wolf adventurer experience. 

10.Xoloitzcuintli dog with inventory bags mounted - same use as chester but imho would look cooler in hamlet.

11.Cannibal pig tribes - they're not as scaredy as other pigs and would aggro anyone but wilson, because wilson is don't starve's indiana jones so he knows how to deal with dem cannibals.

These are all the things i'd like to see in the game and hope that atleast some of them will make it in final cut.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:40 AM, Beardizzard said:

5.Jungle fever - debuff which happens if you inhale spores which can be randomly spawned on pickable objects in jungle , screen turns greenish and you start to hallucinate both visually and acoustically.

Hayfever is an ailment that has been implemented into the game that arises during the Humid Season. It bears some similarity to object five on your list. The visuals consist of allergens in the air and a distinctive hazy, greenish overlay. Upon sneezing, your character stalls and an item is expelled from your inventory.

Upon final release, I agree that #2 and #11 would be nice additions to the game. Having beggars and primitive pig societies would make the game feel more immersive and would be consistent with the overall theme.

Also, I find #8 to be an interesting concept. Full on vampiric conversion would be an interesting game mechanic and there's a lot of creative potential here. However, this may be challenging to implement into the game in its current state due to the potential complexity of the overall mechanics involved and time constraints. 

1, 2 and 11 are great. But how about a travelling merchant of sorts? He'd have super rare ruins/giant/volcano loot at high prices like an eyebrella for example. I know the oddities seller is similar to that, but maybe this one could only appear on full moons on any town?

On 20/10/2018 at 4:12 PM, JosePapp said:

1, 2 and 11 are great. But how about a travelling merchant of sorts? He'd have super rare ruins/giant/volcano loot at high prices like an eyebrella for example. I know the oddities seller is similar to that, but maybe this one could only appear on full moons on any town?

a travelling merchant would be really cool

1. this would probably be too good, as oincs are far easier to get than dubloons

2. why do they give sanity? 

3. I really like this idea (but it should be something different, not just a remake of tail ó three cats)

4. moggles?

5. hayfever

6. more skulls!

7. why are they even powered by nightmare fuel? bike in a jungleworld? then I would rather ride the hippotatomoose.

9. garlic, just like in gorge, they should really make garlic available in hamlet.

8. just no, Wolfgang bitten by bat on fullmoonn would be way too owerpowerd. 4 x damage, 2,5 x movespeed. just way too overpowered.

9. we need more sleep. poor Wickerbottom.

10. ro bin is hamlet's Chester

11. please let them be on a separate island.

and btw, why is there a 9. between 7 and 8, just curios (hope its spelled correct)

10 hours ago, metallichydra said:

and btw, why is there a 9. between 7 and 8, just curios (hope its spelled correct)

haha that's just little easter egg i've put in - glad someone noticed, now all we need is someone to decode it ^^

7. why are they even powered by nightmare fuel? bike in a jungleworld? then I would rather ride the hippotatomoose.

cuz that's only "fuel" in game (only reason rlly) and jungle bike riding is kinda big part of jonesque movies and games.

2. why do they give sanity? 

because characters feel better about themselves for helping the poor so positive thinking encourages healthy mind - in this kind of sense.

as for moggles - they are are night vision whereas predator has sci-fi version heat vision - which looks and feels way different.

what I would suggest, is that they should make more new characters
more sea content
less lag
new types of treeguards
more raid bosses
more cave/ruin content
more ruins traps
abbillity to make own shop (pigs would go to it and trade without you having to trade with them yourself, just restock your shop)
more types of pigs, lumberjacks for example
abbillity to ride and tame hippotatomooses
more dangerous spidermonkeys

I know the developers already have a handful, and will probably not see this, but could you guys please add in more furniture for the base? Things like beds, couches, desks and bookcases that have similar mechanics to chests. Also, for the current furniture that's in place, would it be possible to change the decor for the table, like have an option to mount them with flowers or a feast spread or tea spread just for aesthetics? Maybe a spread table will give more sanity. Also maybe pieces of furniture that fits the theme of each character that is accessible by all? I don't expect there to be an animation for sitting or anything, but I thought it'd be really neat if you could add a sleeping animation! I love playing this game but it gets boring after awhile once you finish establishing a sturdy base and just want to decorate! Especially with this beautiful Victorian theme! - But if not, still love the DLC!

P.S - There is a furniture mod in DST that can be used as a really good reference.

I also hope they add mechanics from the gorge into it, like for cooking and farming!

I am still enjoying rog on ps4 haven't delved full y into shipwrecked will do soon though what I would like to see in hamlet is making more food recipe restore hunger only while a drinking or thirst mechanic where u can make stuff like milkshakes or fruit juices for sanity only  and can add a blender to craft

Archived