Exploding flame hound.

So I wish I had screen shots for you, but I don't so you're going to have to take my word for it. I had spent all day(irl) gathering resources and making a large wooden wall around this pig village where the king was staying. About a half hour after finishing my character hears dogs approaching. No biggie I though. Long story short there was three of them(1 more than the average which is 2). One of which was red. I didn't note it at first, until I killed the thing and it exploding lighting the wall on fire which eventually spreading turning the rest into nothing more than a mere memory of my hard work and tears. As for the forest that lay out side of the city walls, lets just say I have a couple chests full of coal now.

*facepalm* Siiiigh.. At least this isn't shameful plugging.. Welcome to Don't Starve Sinmist.. Red hounds do that.. Be more careful about where you kill them next time..

I've been playing don't starve on chrome since its first week of sale, but thank you for the welcome. I just hadn't played in a while and I'm getting used to the new features. It was quite the sight. I was in shock I felt like I was going to die.

You gotta note that the red hound was inevitable at some point,you should of counted that when you though that you could take them on at day 20+(probably),always fight them in a clear area(no farms,no forest,no drops on the ground)Also i have a question for you why would you want to wall of a pig village with the king?He is a fat old bastard that isn't going anywhere.Other then for looks i can't imagine why do such tidios work

I just hadn't played in a while and I'm getting used to the new features. It was quite the sight. I was in shock I felt like I was going to die.

You gotta note that the red hound was inevitable at some point,you should of counted that when you though that you could take them on at day 20+(probably),always fight them in a clear area(no farms,no forest,no drops on the ground)

If you would have actually read the posts you would have seen the obvious which is that he did not see the update of the flame hound or that they caught fire on death. And why is walling off the pig village idiots work?Edit- I misread your post.. Tedious work.. to which I agree.. No need to answer my question.. Edited by fear_town
Must sleep..

When you hear the hounds coming drop one piece of meat on the ground. One hound always shows up slightly before the rest, he will go for the meat, kill him.He will then drop meat and the endless cycle of trying to eat while dying will clear up the whole pack and you will never take a scratch. Welcome back. :)

Same thing happened to me. I had spaced my wooden wall far enough away from where I fight hounds, but I had just shaved my beard, and it turns out those are flammable, and once the beard burned, the wall went up in flames as well. It was like a "are you effing kidding me?" I feel your pain.

You gotta note that the red hound was inevitable at some point,you should of counted that when you though that you could take them on at day 20+(probably),always fight them in a clear area(no farms,no forest,no drops on the ground)Also i have a question for you why would you want to wall of a pig village with the king?He is a fat old bastard that isn't going anywhere.Other then for looks i can't imagine why do such tidios work

I'm into the whole civ role play. Kind of why I made a post suggesting they have intelligent civs in the game that can become hostile or friendly to you.