New crockpot recipes

Here are some new recipes, how long the take to cook, their effects (as far as I can tell, using Wolfgang) and how to make them (I will edit this as people find new stuff):

Asparagus Soup (10 seconds) - 19 Hunger, 20 Health, 5 Sanity

1 Asparagus, 3 Radish

3 Asparagus, 1 Butter

2 Asparagus, 1 Aloe and 1 Drumstick

2 Asparagus, 2 Weevole Carapaces

Feijoada (1 minute 20 seconds) - 75 Hunger, 20 Health, 15 Sanity

3 Bean Bugs, 1 Meat

3 Bean Bugs, 1 Monster Meat

Hard Shell Tacos (20 seconds) - 38 Hunger, 20 Health, 5 Sanity

2 Weevole Carapaces, 2 Aloe

Tea (10 seconds) - 12 Hunger, 3 Health, 33 Sanity

2 Orange Piko, 1 Honey, 1 Berry

Gummy Cake (35 seconds) - 150 Hunger, 25 Health, -5 Sanity

2 Gummy Slugs, 2 Honey

Snake Bone Soup (20 seconds) - 25 Hunger, 40 Health, 10 Sanity

2 Snake Bones, 2 Monster Meat

Nettle Rolls (10 seconds) - 25 Hunger, 20 Health, 5 Sanity

3 Nettles, 1 Twig

Spicy Vegetable Stinger (10 seconds) - 25 Hunger, 3 Health, 33 Sanity

3 Radish, 1 Ice

3 Asparagus 1 Ice

Steamed Ham Sandwich (40 seconds) - 37.5 Hunger, 40 Health, 15 Sanity

1 Foliage, 1 Meat, 2 Aloe

How NOT to make recipes (or how to make Wet Goop):

3 Bean Bugs, 1 Butter OR 1 Egg OR 1 Butterfly Wings

2 Gummy Slugs, 2 Eggs OR 2 Weevole Carapace

Things you cannot put in the crockpot: Tubers (raw or cooked), Seed Pods (raw or cooked), Poison Dartfrog Legs (raw or cooked), Leafy Meat (raw or cooked), Lotus Flowers, Nectar, Flytrap Stalk, Chitin

I love messing with the crock pot and hope to hear what you all figure out! I'll be updating this post as I discover things, or if I can confirm things that others discover. The Gummy Cake is incredible! If you're wondering where to get honey, Manthill Mounds have a ton of it. Mining their lamps with a pickaxe drops about 3 honey, and if you go far enough you can find honey chests (the one I found was full, 9 honey). The Tea recipe is really weird in the sense that it uses the squirrel-like Pikos (which you can easily catch with traps baited with Seed Pods). I found the recipe on the Wiki and confirmed it. Apparently you can also make Iced Tea. Both have a player temperature status effect and allow you to walk faster, like Coffee. Snake Bone Soup must has higher priority than Monster Lasagna, as you can use 2 Monster Meat and get soup every time. Nettle Rolls can be made with 1 twig and used to control hay fever. Steamed Ham Sandwich cannot include Monster Meat, and if you use 2 Asparagus as your vegetables you will make Asparagus Soup instead.

Bumping this to ask people: Does anyone else think it's weird that you need to use squirrels ("Pikos") for Tea? I get that they come from tea trees but they're still meaty animals. Murdering them in your inventory gives you morsels. Why not just have the tea trees harvestable for tea leaves? Or have them drop tea leaves instead of twigs? I would have never figured out how to make this without reading the wiki.

4 hours ago, PlayMoGame said:

Bumping this to ask people: Does anyone else think it's weird that you need to use squirrels ("Pikos") for Tea? I get that they come from tea trees but they're still meaty animals. Murdering them in your inventory gives you morsels. Why not just have the tea trees harvestable for tea leaves? Or have them drop tea leaves instead of twigs? I would have never figured out how to make this without reading the wiki.

It's a pun. Orange Pekoe is a kind of black tea. Most characters hint at the connection, but no one actually suggests to throw one in the pot I don't think. It's the guacamole situation all over again.

Also, hardly relevant, but they're based on pikas, not squirrels. I know, I know, everyone is going to continue to call them squirrels.

It's a two-layered pun that hardly anyone is going to pick up on. Walani gets it though.

Archived