Running directly from lua scripts

Colecf

I'm trying to get the steam version of Don't Starve to work on a Mac, but I'm running into issues. I'm trying to run main.lua directly, but I keep getting errors. After fixing a few of them, I'm stuck on the following one:

lua: main.lua:85: attempt to call global 'kleiloadlua' (a nil value)stack traceback:	main.lua:85: in function <main.lua:79>	[C]: in function 'require'	main.lua:127: in main chunk	[C]: in ?
I can't find any file that has that function. Does anyone know where it is / how to get it running?

For what purpose are you doing this? You can play the game perfectly fine through Chrome. The only reason I can see someone wanting to do this is if they pirated the game, and as others have said, the only version of the game that us available to be pirated is the Steam version.

For what purpose are you doing this? You can play the game perfectly fine through Chrome. The only reason I can see someone wanting to do this is if they pirated the game, and as others have said, the only version of the game that us available to be pirated is the Steam version.

Dun dun duuun!

1. You can't mod chrome (yet) 2. The steam version isn't capped at 30 fps.

I bought the steam version of the game, not knowing there was a chrome version, and it doesn't come with a chrome key.Anyways, doesn't look like it's possible :(

Not that I know for sure exactly how all of this works but it should be understood that not ALL of the game is based on the lua scripts. A large portion of it is regarding assets and game logic but the custom lua interpreter and simulator engine to manage everything is in the exe and dll files.Give them time, it is still in beta and I am sure they will get to the Mac and *nix platforms soon.Besides, is there a problem with using boot camp, etc to run the game in Windows on a Mac machine?