With the addition of "Sour Gas" we need a way of removing large quantities of sulfur from the gas in an efficient manner. Currently the condensation point of sour gas is -258.7 degrees F which leaves solidified sulfur deposits lying around. This isn't an issue if you play with dupes but I enjoy building large scale processes and it becomes an issue having little sulfurs everywhere. We need a desulfurization system or to change the condensation point of the sulfur in the sour gas to remove it by another means. I can live with little sulfur deposits but a hydrodesulfurization unit or something would be a neat addition since H2S is highly toxic it could pose a new threat to dupes and a greater need to remove it from Natural Gas. Also, included is a picture of one of my work in progress gas to liquid plants.

Oxygen Not Included 10_15_2018 6_45_23 PM.png

It would be handy if we had H2S as its own gas and liquid being a byproduct of condensing sour gas. At least it could voided into space. What would be even handier though is a sulfur burner which produces either energy or heat and emit sulfur dioxide as a product which we can vent to space or use to make sulfuric acid if that plan of implementing acids ever falls through.

@qcarter, I had to look twice recently if I was drunk or if there really was a zero on your maps dupe count. My full respect, I was not aware that ONI is also played with 0 dupes. A kind of record :)

Then I looked at your map content, awesome. Whats next ? Here is some inspiration for you...

image.png

You know you can "dump" it in space right? After you reach outer shell of the asteroid you will also reach space. All gas and liquid will be sucked into the space, remove it form the game. So, you and create small room in space, put a output vent there, and don't put any drywall in there so to not hinder anything.

Yes, this will just remove it form the game while wasted some (or maybe a lot of) energy so it might not worth it. Any desulfurization might coming handy and prove more useful, but as long as that isn't here, this might be an answer.

9 hours ago, qcarter said:

A game having the kind of potential that this one has deserves more than quick easy fixes (my opinion) I still thoroughly enjoy the game, ideas and updates as it continues to evolve, there's just LOTS of potential

Quick easy fix would be the building you propose, which at the end of the day comes down to "place a building".

Using auto-sweepers in your setup requires said setup in the first place, plus a transportation and storage system.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:56 PM, babba said:

@qcarter, I had to look twice recently if I was drunk or if there really was a zero on your maps dupe count. My full respect, I was not aware that ONI is also played with 0 dupes. A kind of record :)

Then I looked at your map content, awesome. Whats next ? Here is some inspiration for you...

image.png

yeah lol, I usually like to build large scale plants for mass material processing. I'm a process operator at an LNG plant so I'm fascinated by it and like to recreate some things. With out an actual "pressure" variable it's kind of difficult to do somethings but it's fun none the less. Thanks for the inspiration too, none of my stuff has quite as many controls ;D. As for what's next, I'm still working with this little LNG plant for now but I've got a massive compressor that I'm fiddling with on the side. Also, it's in debug mode, no worries of my dupes dying when they're already dead (:

On 10/16/2018 at 9:32 PM, Yukiya said:

You know you can "dump" it in space right? After you reach outer shell of the asteroid you will also reach space. All gas and liquid will be sucked into the space, remove it form the game. So, you and create small room in space, put a output vent there, and don't put any drywall in there so to not hinder anything.

Yes, this will just remove it form the game while wasted some (or maybe a lot of) energy so it might not worth it. Any desulfurization might coming handy and prove more useful, but as long as that isn't here, this might be an answer.

Yea, if you look closely on the far right side of the image there's a little line that goes up to an off screen vent-to-space. H2S is normally removed from liquid feeds by way of a Hydro-desulphurization process involving an exothermic reaction inside a fixed bed reactor or removing it from gas streams by way of absorption in a multi-media fixed bed scavenger. But since we have neither, I'll probably end up dumping it. It kind of stinks that they made the sulfur drop out of the natural gas at -258.7 degrees F which is when the natural gas is liquefied, so yeah probably use the sweepers.

Archived