Oil Well

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

Looks like you need to release the pressure which requires a dupe to access and operate it.

Its already priority 9 and my dupes is not doing anything, should I lower or higher the pressure release threshold(No idea what it does)

Pressure Release Threshold works like this:

If pressure > threshold -> call dupe to release.

Else -> build pressure

Yours seems bugged for some reason because its not producing any oil or using any water.

Try deconstructing tiles below it and replace the tiles with mesh tiles.

6 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

Pressure Release Threshold works like this:

If pressure > threshold -> call dupe to release.

Else -> build pressure

Yours seems bugged for some reason because its producing any oil or using any water.

I had to reload my game now its working 

2 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

Its already priority 9 and my dupes is not doing anything, should I lower or higher the pressure release threshold(No idea what it does)

The backpressure mechanic functions vaguely similarly to how fracking works in real life to extract oil. Essentially, we force boiling water into the oil well to replace the oil and force the oil and natural gas to rise and be pumped out.

In ONI, it pumps the oil out onto the ground, and builds the natural gas up inside the oil well building. After a while of pumping in water and pumping out crude oil, natural gas builds up inside the well, requiring a dupe to come by and spend some time to release the pressure. You can set this threshold (you set yours to 75%) and this determines how much pressure can build up before a task occurs.

Archived