High temperature pumps.... again... :)

A lot of people already asked this, but, now that we have thermite, super coolant, super insulator and alot of very nice and powerful late game materials, its time to have some high temperature pumps and, maybe, special pipes (or any other kind of structure) that allow fluid/gas phase changes. 

With all the sources of heat, and extreme levels of concentrated heat possible from volcanoes, certain vents, and the ever-increasing regolith problem, we need a material that we can build pumps, automation, doors, power plants, and auto-sweeper/shipping structures from that can withstand these temperatures.

I'd be fine with having the best materials be in space, or behind high research tiers, or even have it be an extremely limited quantity material.

5 hours ago, InternetGuy said:

I am really hoping they plan to use thermite as the ultimate high temperature material for machines.

Whatever option they give us, as long I can pump 300 or up to 500 celsius Im happy :)

With the newest build in the test branch, you can now use Steel, Niobium, and Thermite to build pumps. They add +200C, +500C, and +900C to the overheat temperatures, each respectively. This is pretty great, but I feel like steel should be a little higher, say +300C instead of +200C. My reasoning is that you can't pump the oil from a leaky oil fissure at its output temperature until you have gone to space, which is right now is late-game, yet oil usage is mid-game. The other option would be to lower the output temp of the geyser.

Archived