Outhouse Building tip

so here's something that I noticed interesting.

I have an outhouse completed submerged in CO2, and whenever the dupes use it, they don't actually get  Food poisoning,  I noticed they don't ever wash their hands leaving the outhouse  and was like whats going on.  But it seems food poisoning germs get killed off in CO2 immediately.

I'll have to try that, but it sounds unlikely to be the CO2.  Germs don't die in CO2 other than at the normal rate.

Maybe they are running out of air and not completing the whole "go to the outhouse and get food poisoning germs" cycle?

Here are the screen shots of the base.
(not sandbox or debug game)

the weird thing I noticed also is when they had slime lungs going into the bathroom,  after they were finished using it, they walked out with no germs.  so they ignored the sink.

Could be related to the building being on top of a door. but all the germs instantly die when they leave the and ignores the sink.

setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg

I was building my morb farm setup,   and getting them to use the outhouse (assigned each dupes to them so they are forced to use them independently) at different times - so only 1 sink is needed since no more than 1 guy is usually using the bathroom.

3 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Dupes can only have one germ type on them at a time so it seems like you have some germ deletion going on with the slimelung

could be that.   their vitals don't actually have simelungs, but they're walking around with a small bit of slimeslungs surface germs. after leaving the bathroom  all surface germs on them got removed, and they all ignore the sink.   could be slimelungs in the air by the ladder near the sink created by carrying back materials with slimelung surface germs.

Archived