A mountable creature?

Out of an abundance of laziness that can't be cured by wormhole shortcuts, speedier walking on roads, really nothing short of instant teleportation, what about a creature you can ride? Heck, I'll bridle up the koalefant if it will let me get near it.Just a thought, and maybe it would make things a little TOO convenient, but I had to put it out there. :)

I think it would really makes things too easy... But there are ways to make it harder.What about your mount gets distracted while hungry? (Like pigs)Or it gets scared and run away if it is not near a fire while at night? (Again, like pigs)it shouldn't be a magic carpet ride, but a mount could exist.

I don't think mounts are the way to go, roads provide enough speed bonus. Would have been cool riding a koalefant though.

Right, that's what I'm saying! I'm picturing it having a little canopied seat, a la: an Indian "howdah"

I think it would really makes things too easy... But there are ways to make it harder.What about your mount gets distracted while hungry? (Like pigs)Or it gets scared and run away if it is not near a fire while at night? (Again, like pigs)it shouldn't be a magic carpet ride, but a mount could exist.

You're right, of course. It's absolutely integral to the strategy of the game to have resources be scattered, possibly quite far away. It affects your need to worry about carrying a light source for longer travels, where you decide to place your base, etc. But it doesn't mean I don't sometimes want a teleportation beacon to Make Things Easy. :D

I would like to mount on a friendly Pig. :happypigs:

You mean... you want to travel PIGGYBACK?

I support OP's idea. There really is no reason to not have the in-game mounts. If devs consider the idea and implement it well (make it so that you have to tame the bastard), it can be another toy in the sandbox that is Don't Starve. Also, do let me mount an LMG on my Koalefant once it's out! :drunk:

Edited by QuickSaveTV

+1 for mount idea but like quicksave said made it such that you need to tame them first, have some sort of bait or something and have it a chance thing.Basically just make it challenging to get.And also if ever give the mount life , hunger and sanity meters too..So to balance the benefit of having movement bonus players basically have 2 mouths to feed.When hungry they slow down and when sanity meters go down they run around uncontrollably.