New "crossover" character: Will, the War Veteran

Hey there fellow survivors, I think you all heard about how Bill sacrificed himself to save the life of his group on L4D, right? So, he was such a good character, and it would be awesome if he could appear as a Don´t Starve character.I do know Klei would need to negotiate with Valve to use the character, but what do you guys think?Will - The War VeteranHealth: 80Fatigue: 100Sanity: 130Perk: Can craft tools and weapons with only half of the resources needed.Disadvantage: Has less health and loose more fatigue than normal.Quotes:Killing Mob: "Bring it on!"Examine Torch `Reminds me of a molotov`Examine Treeguard `This thing is bigger than a tank!`Getting Hungry `This is going to get bad.`Examine Grave stone `This reminds me of something.`When Hounds are coming `Here they come!`Appearance: Something like this (credit to Science Machine for this amazing drawn):http://forums.kleientertainment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=994&d=1360719270Post your thoughts below.

Edited by Left2Starve

I assume making a deal with Valve for adding a crossover character would also allow there to be some promo items for Tf2 since that's what valve are into right now.That and fellow Tf2'ers will know that atleast 21% of the Tf2 userbase will buy games just for the promo item it has, so this could get a knock up a few more sales including with the amount of sales got by people noticing the game, not to say Don't starve isn't popular. (that and i'd love an all-class Wilson hairdo/Top hat/Breezy vest something like that)I'm all for this idea aslong as the characters are balanced so it doesn't create a unfair system where you'd need buy games to get the best character unlocks but are also decent enough so they're worth the money. (And i'd like see Bill from left 4 dead beating up rabbits and turkeys)

Mr. Bear, why do you say this is not a good idea? Can you explain?

One, it would be kind of unoriginal. Two, WWI was in 1914-1918, and there weren't very many big wars before that, and the game is set in the 1920s, thus I wouldn't think that there would be very many war veterans. Three, it wouldn't really suit the game.

Why would Klei ask Valve to use their character if they have a bunch of their own ideas still not in the game?Besides being slower than other characters isn't really a disadvantage I'd go for. It'd make exploring BORING. The characters are arleady kind aslow when not on roads, but it's not snail's pace. Anything slower and it woudl become a bother....and then it simply became a L4D2 / Don't Starve crossover.Please no.

Edited by Silvi