Cooling Power calculation

Hi Community,

i build a electrolyzer with a passive wheezeworth cooling setup yesterday. But the cooling wasnt enough, so i tried to calculate it.

Is the following correct?

I have 8 dupes -> 800g/s Oxygen and i get 70° Water from the electrolyzer and i try to cool it below 30° -> delta 40°

1.01 (DTU/g)/°C * 800g * 40°C * = 32k DTU

Acording to the wiki is the max cooling power of 1 wheezeworth 12kw (=12k DTU?)
https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Wheezewort

This mean i need 3 wheezeworth in 5kg per tile hdydrogen to cool my electrolyzer setup with 800g/s throughput.

Something wrong with my calculation?

Greetings from germany

In my experience i plant 4 whit radiant gas pipe and the cooling is enough even for my oxygen supply of the exosuit stations. It depends by the flow...and the quantity of the hydrogen...always above 1k/ tile. I will post a picture of my oxigen production when I am at home.

Pest regards

Moin. Your calculation is correct. Note however that there are many other ways to build an effective cooler. With a slush geyser output in a counter-current metal tile (or doors) heat exhanger for example you only need 200g/s flow rate for the same cooling.

Also note, you only need to cool what is actually pumped into the base. Oxygen for exosuits do not need to be cooled.

That's why I generally prefer to have oxygen production without integrated cooling as it limits my choices later in the game.   

Oxygen for exosuits do not need to be cooled.

Yes indeed but it will cool the exosuit station and the gas pipe from the cooling chamber to the exosuit station. This is my way of cooling the base without doing much  

Post edit

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cffd88a128a2504ab48ff6fee9b5b7f2.png

Spoiler

image.png

9 hours ago, WhatTheDuck said:

Something wrong with my calculation?

Looks fine to me. As vastly inaccurate estimate, from experience, you need about 8 WWs to cool an electrolyzer for 8 dupes in O2 and H2 has about 2.4 times the specific heat of O2, so 8/2.4 ~ 3.3 matches roughly what you get. Incidentally, H2 pressure does not matter much as long as it is high enough. 5kg is fine.

Archived