questions regarding exported files in extended sample character/extra appendages

like say, a character has a set of wings, how would you compensate that? there's a tail file in the extended sample character mod, and considering that it's a separate appendage i thought of overwriting it w/ wings? don't know if that'd really work though. i think i'd end up having to move stuff around in the spriter. 

another issue, i don't believe this requires a whole separate file. their horns that don't quite fit the headbase file of course. would it be safe to increase the width of pngs somewhat? 

First of all, if you plan to reuse existing animations then tampering with the template is a sure fire way to encounter problems.

I go into elaborate detail in this thread: 

Essentially if you plan to use default animations then only the build and atlas files of your template character will do anything. I do recall seeing some clever people use the pigtails symbol as makeshift wings similar to webbers spider legs, it is safe to increase the dimensions of a symbol. But remember to compensate for the animation pivots. The default template pivots can't really be changed without high risk of animation errors in game. So if you do increase the dimensions you'll need to do some math to adjust it properly. Some clever people use other symbols such as the hair symbols to represent horns or ears.

Okay!! I read through it all and it's very helpful. So, I think I will try to use the pigtails symbol for wings I have an idea as to how that could go! I'm not too confident about messing w/ animation pivots yet so I think i'll try to use the ear symbols for horns? Though they are very large, if that doesn't work out i'll get back to u on increasing dimensions/editing pivots.