Unpowered doors deleting liquid ?

Hi everyone !

I'm tinkering with ranching a bit in my survival game and I made a drowning room. I made a bit of automation to close 4 doors to make water go up and drown them.

Everything worked fine for about 40 cycles. But I just noticed the water disappeared. After loading a few autosaves I think I found the problem. It seems that doors that do not have enough power delete the liquid that are inside them...

Did this happen to anyone ? Did I just miss something ? Or is it a bug that I should report ?

An unpowered door closing on liquid or gas that has no way if escape deletes that gas or liquid. This is used, for example, in liquid and gas "crushers".

This may also work with solids, but is more complicated. I seem to have seen Regolith deleted when a normal automated door below an open bunker door closed. Need to verify that though.

So after your answers I tinkered with the bug occuring and I found what is causing the bug :

BeforeDeletedWater.thumb.png.e74444bcb98a67d1d60b9b6048bb3aea.png

Here is my setup. Each door closes with an interval of 4 seconds. So the water should not be deleted.

BUT there is some chlorine in the left mesh tile and some CO2 in the right mesh tile. Oxygen above :

BeforeDeletedWater.thumb.png.7955c9636b63f307981279f25002a259.png

If the setup is exactly like this. The result will be deleted water :

AfterDeletedWater.thumb.png.b15bfe30cfd7f2dd19df14876bb75f3b.png

So if you have 2 different underpressured gasses stuck in the two mesh tiles, the 4000kg water that want to climb can't and is destroyed. Seems like a bug to me...

16 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

So if you have 2 different underpressured gasses stuck in the two mesh tiles, the 4000kg water that want to climb can't and is destroyed. Seems like a bug to me...

Yes you might want to build the walls of your room with airflow tiles to prevent this situation. In my experience it's not 100% failsafe but pretty close to it.

Spoiler

5b996e27f013d_Floodingroom.thumb.jpg.916d4d9c94de51702f3f6409551e5c9a.jpg

Archived