How to get rid of this...

This is just how metal refinery works. I suggest you destruct metal refinery which will produce a lot of steam in that area and a little dirt. And then re-construct another one.

This happened to me too. This happens when you finish producing new metal when water from older refining process hasn't finishing releasing. So when producing steel, you need to make sure water from old production gets all released before ongoing new production.

Only because steel produce way more heat than other metal. see info. For other metal, stack coolant isn't too much trouble 

7 hours ago, goatt said:

This is just how metal refinery works. I suggest you destruct metal refinery which will produce a lot of steam in that area and a little dirt. And then re-construct another one.

This happened to me too. This happens when you finish producing new metal when water from older refining process hasn't finishing releasing. So when producing steel, you need to make sure water from old production gets all released before ongoing new production.

Only because steel produce way more heat than other metal. see info. For other metal, stack coolant isn't too much trouble 

letting out 17 tons of 853°C (not 283°C as stated in my post) steam is not a solution, already tried that, it smelts everything included adjacent pipes, platic tiles, tubes (not in screenshot but in immediate vicinity), etc.. A nightmare :p

I encapsulated it in abyssalyte tiles for now, will use it later when I'l play with steam power. It implies I have to relocate everything in the vicinity first however..

17 hours ago, Kabrute said:

post a bug report with save file please

Sure do. 

Thanks for quick replies, 

Keep oxygenated :)

18 hours ago, Kabrute said:

post a bug report with save file please

done

39 minutes ago, bleeter6 said:

How did you manage to get polluted water to 800C without the pipes breaking? For me they break long before I even get to 200.

That's what caused the issue I guess, the refinery kept on working even though the ouput pipe was broken.

Put a storage compactor full of ice next to it, seal it off, and either wait, or deconstruct and have an instant hot water tank where your refinery used to be.  Use tempshift plates, and storage filters to empty the ice into the steam for best results.  Yes you will still smelt anything in the sealed off area, but the 20 tons of ice should help speed up the cooling process.  Also, if the refinery is not made of a good insulator (ceramic/abyssalite) you could just let it be and allow the water to slowly cool on its own over the course of many, many cycles. 

Archived