Any way to prioritize power?

Lets say I have self sufficient power plant that capable generating 2kw, but only use 1Kw and wish to send the rest to grid B. Is there any trick like the one with liquid/gas bridges that would allow me to prioritize grid A (keeping my battery fully charged) and only send the excess to grid B ?

I think the only way to accomplish this is through the use of the Power Shut-off.  Have one of your Smart Batteries set up to control the Power Shut-off at the cutoff points you had in mind.  When the Battery Bank needs charging, activate the Power Shut-off to cut the rest of the grid.  When the Battery Bank is full, deactivate the Power Shut-off to reconnect the rest of the grid and resume the flow of power.

I wanted todo that, the problem is that power generators only have an input logic, thus you can't use the power shutoff when battery bank is full AND power generators are working. I am going to try todo this with two batteries with different active settings and memory toggle logic, what do you think?

I have a setup that switches my hydrogen generators from my SPOM circuit to the colony main power grid if excess hydrogen backs up in my pipes. The automation logic is fairly simple since it's just ANDs for the base grid activation constraint and an OR block to run the generators if either the SPOM or main grid smart batteries are low. Main grid batteries only turn on if SPOM battery signal is inactive. I can post some screenshots when I get off work.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

You probably only need 2 smart batteries. One to disable the generator when it`s full. Other to disconnect the second grid by deactivating the shutoff when the power goes low. No need for a logic bit imo. Just a not gate on the second battery.

Just go to it, that exactly it. I was thinking memory toggle because that what I use in my Steam turbine to work only withing range, but here it's unnecessary the battery does that for you!

1 hour ago, Bomato said:

I have a setup that switches my hydrogen generators from my SPOM circuit to the colony main power grid if excess hydrogen backs up in my pipes. 

set up a buffer and check if its full, I like this idea!

This is my power setup in my old game

I have main power Natural gas, backup whit hydrogen gens..Both are commanded by the smart battery. I have also 3 storage tanks, one for hydrogen (when is close to 20k per tile i modify to prioritize of the hydrogen consumption, then the excess nat gas goes to the storage rezervoir). The second whit nat gas and the third whit liquid methane. If the pressure goes above 10k per tile and the pressure in the methane reservoir is under 10k per tile, the pump will start and transport the nat gas to the methane reservoir to be cooled and converted in methane. If the presure in the nat gas storage goes under 5k per tile, and i have methane ( the liquid pressure sensor) the pump will send methane to the nat gas storage reservoir. The nat gas is converted in methane whit one AETN started by the termosensor paired whit a shut off valve. 

I tried also the approach whit one generator 2 circuits but often the 2 circuits need power so one of them (the secondary was often whiteout)  The automation is simple one memory toggle circuit whit 2 power shut off switches. The reset is wired to the power shutoff and the smart battery of the main circuit whit a not gate wired to the entry of the second circuit. The exit of the toggle gate is wired whit the smart battery and the power switch of the second circuit.

image.thumb.png.2563e45992495864308f2b4e4eb41161.png

image.thumb.png.cb24f85890ee76f97ae266f72facc401.png

image.thumb.png.c3a8a5b13b7ea77672cb7360f98683ab.png

image.thumb.png.d9d2ecb92a8c177760fbe7f6e823aec2.png

image.thumb.png.09b79c6e6c6cf28cc4294350a03e7fa0.png

image.thumb.png.d615b102480b693c5dcad965062f4752.png

image.thumb.png.d5a91cf24e909833484742fa0538a354.png

Here is my setup. At the bottom is my electrolyzer circuit. The heavy watt wire across the screen is my main power grid. Bottom right has the power shut-offs to toggle between the two circuits, the main grid smart battery sense with and the logic to close shutoffs for hydrogen generators to main grid. On the left, 1 level below the coal generators, you can see my timer-based pipe back-up sensor that enables the main grid connection for 40 seconds if hydrogen is "standing" for 10 seconds at the pipe sensor.

20180910192042_1.jpg

20180910192109_1.jpg

20180910192128_1.jpg

Archived