H.I.V.E colony showcase

Welcome to Hydrogen Infused Volatile Experiment colony (later H.I.V.E).

Due to the demands of The Most Holy Church of the Printing Pod (TMHCPP), we've established a non-stop linear growth colony accepting a duplicant as they come every 3rd cycle, for 217 cycles.

Headcount at the moment is 73 snazzy suited duplicants, Mae at 5 copies being the most replicated duplicant-type.

This is how far we've gotten, and how we managed to do it. In many ways the expressive update was the highpoint of the colony thus far and now many unanswered questions remain regarding the future of the H.I.V.E colony. Last 10 cycles have been somewhat difficult, with constant overexpansion to compensate demands of TMHCPP not covered by existing & easily expandable food production.

Original plan, envisioned by H.I.V.E-E (Engineering) was a crude-to water based oxygen solution for the first 75 colonists, with food provided by a mix of shroom, slickster and hatch. This plan was recently scrapped / put on hold indefinitely due to the laws of chemistry changes recently implemented.

New plan by the ever growing H.I.V.E-FF (Food & Farming) division includes usage of 0 mass consuming puft variants, but setup time is nontrivial. Immediate food shortages are compensated by eating wild sleet wheat grain & sporadically hunting wild dreckos.

Water in CU-SEED 352147791 is ample, we have a polluted water geyser, a water geyser, 2 cool steam vents.

H.I.V.E overview:

image.thumb.png.ef9ba25f3ed69492d3bb977650b8bd2c.png

H.I.V.E-RR (Rest & Recreation) provides living quarters centrally, and space utilisation is maximised. H.I.V.E ventilation is gravitational, usage of ventilation pipes & pumps is minimised.

The holy printing pod centrally:

image.thumb.png.38f4e43f850ed7310edccb38655af71f.png

Decentralized cooling, cooling medium polluted water, cooling source 19 Wheeze in hydrogen, 1 conditionally used aquatuner in water-sieve cooled pW-tank.

Water-loop, that feeds all free floating electrolyzers.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b2f09abfddb55d182eddaa2c6adf3b75.png

image.thumb.png.4681c6feaf0e1d0c9168f3223e51e187.png

H.I.V.E-EL (Electricity) - Colony powergrid, a loop of several conductive wire networks, powered by gravitationally collected & mechanical filter secured hydrogen. Minimal natural gas is used for power generation, and coal is a backup source sporadically utilised. Currently, hydrogen destroying plants are disconnected, but this may change at a moments notice, if hydrogen build-up is deemed too severe.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7c1601fd89908926ae712014ec020903.pngcimage.thumb.png.da08cde5eaeb3d40e741ec3b9a67a923.png

H.I.V.E-FF farms are below and to the left of the initial colony:

15 dreckos, 5 glossy dreckos at the moment, 36 drecklet eggs. Autosweepers move eggs to incubation. All mushrooms are fertiliser buffed, so anything between 52-60 duplicants are happily fed off the slime reserves. 12 hatches are eating sand/regolith clay below the initial colony.

image.thumb.png.4e1d4e565a11481df019f12e09b38e81.png

image.thumb.png.a6b84f6d469034e6395eb7a91295b97b.png

H.I.V.E-U (underworld) hosts the now-defunct crude-ng plant, 19 slicksters, and critter murder room.

image.thumb.png.60a60a426d873ef19df8412e5e4c21ad.png

H.I.V.E-S (Space) is underutilised, and mostly protected by regolith. Latest season opened 3 holes in the perimeter.

image.thumb.png.84566cc9779a88ad295a976caa0ddbc4.png

1 minute ago, Djoums said:

Thanks for the write up, I was really curious how you could handle so many dupes. Can you recover from the NG nerf with this colony ?

Not easily, basically, the old NG provided me with 200 cycles of time after setup. (Ramps up to 7.5kg water/second and feeds 75 slicksters).

If we can solve the cooling sour gas issues, I can get back 100 cycles of growth, and feed about 40 duplicants oxygen off of that.

Moving to 3.75kg/s producing petroleum is likely a dead end, since you need to feed 3kg/sec water to generate 10kg crude.

Last cycles have been hard & long plays. But I've decided to use dense pufts to recover & buy me time (1.5kg oxygen/cycle is really a joke).

I've skipped all the fish pool thingies, because, well, free food kind of makes the experiment less fun & challenging. And my ranches have me with over 4k steel and the lime production is going up so fishies aren't really needed at all.

On 6.9.2018 at 10:59 PM, phod said:

Nice build! 73 dupes, 217 cycles - your play style is so different from mine! My last base had 7 dupes by cycle 500. I'll have to try your approach some time, looks like fun.

more like a lot of stress.... and unstability everywhere

17 hours ago, GrindThisGame said:

How is the lag?

1000 dupes is fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDAejCeLeDo

or 100:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36GY6eTmghg  (very old game)

No lag, just slow duplicant ai.

I dont have 1000 fish or morb so playable.

New H.I.V.E plan is petroleum rocketry. More efficiency on water transfer than previous update natural gas. I rocket can keep The astronaut breathing + maybe 10 of his friends with The 6000kg water/12 cycle.

Archived