Ideas and suggestions                                              9/5/18

I myself  have many ideas in my mind that may help or not to improve the game that have been in my mind for quite a bit. Some are just out of the world, crazy you could say ( likely not to be added in this post ) I'm here to share it to get it out of my mind knowing know other DST player have heard it and perhaps the developer as well ( that may be roaming the forum like usual )   Share your if you please and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who may be interested as well.

1.) Achievements: Complete a task like killing a Deerlcop will pop up in the achievement log. It will stay there forever and show how many deerclops you have killed. This idea seem pretty neat and could easily fit into our already made profile in game

Reasoning:  To show off to other how much of a tryhard you are or in general to prove you int no rookie. This idea came from coc and mc. 

The state of the game is quite good though I wish there was a way to become more skillful rather then being murder in all sort of ways, over and over and over until it's drill into your head of "gut good m8." I can't quite process the idea and explain it so I'm just leave it here for now. I'll likely update this post in the future. I swear I had crap tons of useful idear but it faded away oof

600+ hours, yet i can't survive past day 100+ nor kill any boss or raid boss. feelbadman.

15 minutes ago, SavageLemon said:

1.) Achievements: Complete a task like killing a Deerlcop will pop up in the achievement log. It will stay there forever and show how many deerclops you have killed. This idea seem pretty neat and could easily fit into our already made profile in game

Sounds more like statistics then actual achievements. Klei seems to be against achievements in general (and from the stories I've heard from console players, it's with good reason) but statistics could be nice. It could be difficult to implement properly though. Issues arise when you factor in mods and commands. And then there's likely going to be people going out of their way to increase them, even when it's unnecessary.

40 minutes ago, SavageLemon said:

Reasoning:  To show off to other how much of a tryhard you are or in general to prove you int no rookie.

There's ways to show off how tryhard you are. Boss rushes and ruins rushing seem to be the most popular methods. I personally just settle with getting an alchemy engine up in the first few days and a shadow manipulator up a few days after.

21 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Sounds more like statistics then actual achievements. Klei seems to be against achievements in general (and from the stories I've heard from console players, it's with good reason) but statistics could be nice. It could be difficult to implement properly though. Issues arise when you factor in mods and commands. And then there's likely going to be people going out of their way to increase them, even when it's unnecessary.

I agree honestly, I just thought it may be cool because of how they have the stat of our event achievement shown, you feel me? This idea is honestly up to the devs if they wish. Oh yeah. I did thought of people with mods and changing setting. My way to solve it is 1.) Player Can Not Change the Setting 2.) Player Must Have Their Cave On 3.) no mods allow.

21 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

There's ways to show off how tryhard you are. Boss rushes and ruins rushing seem to be the most popular methods. I personally just settle with getting an alchemy engine up in the first few days and a shadow manipulator up a few days after.

lol im not still skill enough for that. I just scout the whole map. Then defen off hounds attack at day 9 at beef or pigs. Then set up base. Get lantern and so on. Ah, a idea just sparkle in my mind. 

What if there was an way to test how skill the player is? The factor will include, what the player build, explore, number of days survived and the boss they defeat to score them on a lvl? Like in the gorge? Then shows a stat of what the player can improve and their ability chart as ti what their good at and what weakness they should focus on 

13 hours ago, SavageLemon said:

lol im not still skill enough for that. I just scout the whole map. Then defen off hounds attack at day 9 at beef or pigs. Then set up base. Get lantern and so on. Ah, a idea just sparkle in my mind. 

What if there was an way to test how skill the player is? The factor will include, what the player build, explore, number of days survived and the boss they defeat to score them on a lvl? Like in the gorge? Then shows a stat of what the player can improve and their ability chart as ti what their good at and what weakness they should focus on 

the part of trying again and again and again until you drive insane , universe dies , rebirths and then you learn is actually canon

14 hours ago, SavageLemon said:

Oh yeah. I did thought of people with mods and changing setting. My way to solve it is 1.) Player Can Not Change the Setting 2.) Player Must Have Their Cave On 3.) no mods allow.

You can edit the game's files. And I don't think Klei can prevent that. The logical way to do it would be to only have the statistics count when the player's on an official server (the same way they did with the Forge & Gorge), but that would be inconvenient to those that want to play alone, don't have good internet connection at the time they're playing or if the servers get full.

9 hours ago, Electroely said:

You can edit the game's files. And I don't think Klei can prevent that. The logical way to do it would be to only have the statistics count when the player's on an official server (the same way they did with the Forge & Gorge), but that would be inconvenient to those that want to play alone, don't have good internet connection at the time they're playing or if the servers get full.

yeah... I actually had the golden gorge portrait from the cornucopia

Archived