Make the couch into the game?

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

latest?cb=20161205065314

I'd love to sit on something within the game. Giving a chance for people to sit together and probably raise sanity, a couch would be a nice addition.

Huh, I always wanted interactable furniture in The game. Also another idea: reusable plates & bowls for meals. Eating a meal from The plate Would keep The food more hygienic and it Would give characters 5 hunger 3 hp and 5 sanity bonus for each meal.

7 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

Huh, I always wanted interactable furniture in The game. Also another idea: reusable plates & bowls for meals. Eating a meal from The plate Would keep The food more hygienic and it Would give characters 5 hunger 3 hp and 5 sanity bonus for each meal.

@AnimatedErica Can you ask the ONI devs to talk with the DSt devs some ideas on using some of the expression/interaction update stuff into DST for some quirky animations for the future? Might be a interesting future addition, but just a idea.

3 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

The ability to sit in the currently craftable Ruins chairs would be a nice start.

YES.5ae694aa64568_Walanihassomepriorities.thumb.png.695e3c2943eac454dad44163a0247880.png

But I think we would also need houses, with The walls and view like in Hamlet, camera stuck in one place, and character moving freerly around The house, if character would go to another room, The camera Would "jump" to The Center of that room. Rooms could have different sizes, from 1 pitchfork tile (broom closet?) Up to 5x4 tiles (living room & kitchen/attic?). The house Would offer An extensive rain protection, along with protection against smaller creatures like frogs & mosquitos. But, we should also consider Light sources like bulbs, lamps or even Simple Windows with blinders and/or courtains. That's when furniture Would step in. Both Comfort one, like chairs, tables, plates, bowls, couches, (book?)shelves, (maybe even Beds with The same properties as tents but x10 bigger durability?) and the utility ones, like wardrobes, closets, ovens or cookpots? During Winter, it Would keep heat (which Would slowly drop and will drop very qiuckly each time we enter and exit The house) and will produce it if we have a contained fireplace (for which we would need a chimney not to suffocate Inside the house with all the smoke from it), and house Would keep it even after The fire is out. During Summer, it could provide strong shade and even keep character cool. The floor used for the house would also have An influence on The temperature, wooden floor & carpets for winter and marble floor for summer. We could also make different floors connected with stairs/ladders.

Archived