Dupes don't do anything

Hello guys, I have a question: why my dupes don't do what they have to do? for example, suddenly I have no power for the various oxygen/food generators, and no one go to produce power..something like this happens to me with the meal: no one go to prepare food, why?

1) Do you have hamster wheels for your dupes to run on?

2) Do your dupes have "operate" enabled as a task in your priorities table (preferably higher prioritized over other electricity-less tasks such as Deliver and Farm)?

This is also the reason why (for example) my primary researcher has dual-up arrows for research, one-up arrow for operate, and a hamster wheel right next to both research stations. The moment the electricity cuts out and he can't do his research, he'll default to the next priority item, operate, and lo and behold there's a hamster wheel three steps away to run on.

Check their priorities. As lurkinglurker said you need operate enabled and high enough so they prioritize it enough often. Given you have hamster wheels. If you have other power gens the problems lies somewhere else.

Another tip for hamster wheels.

Choose 1 or 2  dupe(s) to be the runner. Set operate priority to ++ and the hamster wheel priority to 6 or 7. The idea is your other dupes especially the scientist can science and haul stuff away like he don't cares for the world. 

Same goes for cooking. Have 1 dupe with ++ priority cook and set the musher to 6or7. Disable operate or put it at low and the cook. If he/she runs off to generate power he/she can't cook.

Having said that I like lurkinglurkers idea as well letting the scientist run when power is low but this slows progress imo.

10 hours ago, droggy said:

Hello guys, I have a question: why my dupes don't do what they have to do? for example, suddenly I have no power for the various oxygen/food generators, and no one go to produce power..something like this happens to me with the meal: no one go to prepare food, why?

Could you post your save so we can see what's wrong?

I think there *is* something broken with operate tasks. I have a metal refinery that my dupes refuse to operate. I have one dupe that is assigned *only operate* at max priority, and nothing else, and I've set the metal refinery to priority 9. There is plenty of raw material, and the coolant is full, yet the dupe refuses to smelt, and just sits there idle. I deconstruct the refinery and rebuild it, the dupe processes two smelting tasks, then goes back to idle, even though more smelt tasks are queued. Very frustrating, makes refining metal nearly impossible.

4 minutes ago, Elerius said:

I think there *is* something broken with operate tasks. I have a metal refinery that my dupes refuse to operate. I have one dupe that is assigned *only operate* at max priority, and nothing else, and I've set the metal refinery to priority 9. There is plenty of raw material, and the coolant is full, yet the dupe refuses to smelt, and just sits there idle. I deconstruct the refinery and rebuild it, the dupe processes two smelting tasks, then goes back to idle, even though more smelt tasks are queued. Very frustrating, makes refining metal nearly impossible.

Try building 2 refineries next to each other and see if the dupe will switch between them. I agree that this can be annoying. I've noticed that after a job is finished dupes regularly don't see the same building as "free" right away, so they're searching for something else to do(e.g. rancher goes to groom .. then goes somewhere else, he doesn't groom 600/c). Ranchers and wrangling, then leaving the critter to do something else and then returning t pick it up is another common example.

On 8 agosto 2018 at 8:50 AM, lurkinglurker said:

1) Do you have hamster wheels for your dupes to run on?

2) Do your dupes have "operate" enabled as a task in your priorities table (preferably higher prioritized over other electricity-less tasks such as Deliver and Farm)?

This is also the reason why (for example) my primary researcher has dual-up arrows for research, one-up arrow for operate, and a hamster wheel right next to both research stations. The moment the electricity cuts out and he can't do his research, he'll default to the next priority item, operate, and lo and behold there's a hamster wheel three steps away to run on.

I didn't read this, I don't know why..very thanks, I will try..where can I enable the "operate"? yea, I have the wheel..I have 2

Archived