Metal Refinery still bugged.

Ok. So my metal refinery says it containes 4000 kg of water at 210 degrees celcius. I disconnected output pipe when I saw this after a smelt.  Now as soon as I connect an outlet pipe, it breaks and all hell breaks lose. There is steam all around at 200 degrees, everything becomes hot. I cant remove that 210 deg water anyhow. What should I do. leave that refinery over there as a memorial  !

7 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

Pretty sure that's intended. Phase change in buildings (other than pipes) is disabled and the water has to change phase somewhere.

Unless that 4000kg is not a typo. It's supposed to cap at 400kg.

before.thumb.JPG.722e5229b923bf592477f1b085290049.JPG

14 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Deconstruct MR, empty pipe?

There is an "Empty Storage" command on the refinery. But does the same thing as a deconstruct. The steam isnt emptied into a bottle.

1 minute ago, Rogue Witch said:

before.thumb.JPG.722e5229b923bf592477f1b085290049.JPG

There is an "Empty Storage" command on the refinery. But does the same thing as a deconstruct. The steam isnt emptied into a bottle.

When you build isolated abbyssalite pipes for the output and vent it somewhere in a prepared isolated area?
First pipe always breaking?
Make a bug report and upload savegame, perhaps devs fix your save..

If possible, check  the metal refinery. Its below the starting location.

I went to debug mode and "destroy" the metal refinery. Its like it was not even there. No steam releases like on deconstruct :|

Ragnarok Cycle 190.sav

1 minute ago, Oozinator said:

First pipe always breaking?

Yes, the first pipe always breaks no matter what i use to build. And then its 150 degrees everywhere in a minute. 

31 minutes ago, Rogue Witch said:

@Oozinator Can you direct me to a good post on water management and sustainability.

I would, but i am not sure if that exists.
When you have questions and open a thread in general discussion, chances are high, that ppl help you :)
For your specific MR heat/steam problem.
Watch at which temp liquid/coolant is vaporizing, when you have pipe temp sensor, set it to something < vap temp.
Mostly i use a big pool of PW , or when i have some oil and after usage i use the liquid further, in water sieve or oil refinery.
For water pool, most interesting thing are toilets, because they "add" some +PW (poo) to the water.
Stay away from bristles, use mushrooms and search for a slush geyser. Slushis could solve many problems at once, when you are lucky at "finding" one..
Dig for abbyssalite and use isolated abbys pipes to control temperatures.
Abbyss digging (in the vein) uncovers much of the map at once.
When you find Ice biome, you could use it for naturally sleet wheat farming and reduce rest of ice to melt it, for temporary water/pw supply, but plan ahead, when you do that..
On your way, you will find many small pw water pockets, plan a vertically "mesh tile" row, to allow liquid, to fall down into your pump room, somewhere below.
Deodorizers should keep PO at bay and when somewhere are to many germs, install a pneumatic door first and as soon as germy impacts dupes, prevent access with door.
Then give them a job at another spot, wait till germs are dead, open door - repeat

Archived