Meteor rains

1 hour ago, Sevio said:

As far as my meteor experience goes, I have a cycle 800 + base by now and I remember hearing the sounds of meteor impacts since cycle 200 or so (I took a long time before I exploring upwards further) and while a small part of the surface is close to a breach, for the most part the surface seems to be in balance with creation and destruction.

This is only my second base since the cosmic update. I restarted with expressive. I was hearing impacts seemingly right away. I'm pretty sure before the first 100 cycles coming from the darkness. I'm about 700+ cycles in. I probably didn't break into space until cycle 400 or so. It quickly seemed the top layer of abysalite was getting worn away and made a much of a dash for steel as I could given the limitations of lime.

20180806123930_1.thumb.jpg.66b28fdb6a6eca12fb718f80982dfa10.jpg

I breached at the Gravitas facility. It was actually my first time finding it. I saw it was being destroyed so I built bunker doors to protect it. I then realized that the slime biome to the right was getting worn away as well as the biome under the facility. So I worked to try to thermally seal them. I More or less failed to cover them in time to avoid extreme heat contamination. 20180806124611_1.thumb.jpg.a11272c71b3a9fb0eae56af5d11e458b.jpg

The ladders in the breached slime biomes to the left and right of my base were attempts to save wildlife the escalating heat from the impacts. You can see by what Fog hasn't been revealed that I've not escavated utterly devastated biomes. And the Heat signature of the breached biomes marks the path of my bunker door building.

This is how i stop the meteor to strike. 1/2 chances for meteors to cause damage. 1 layers of bunker tiles and the second is obsidian or igneous rock. If you don't have enough steel make  4 or 5 row of igneous rock and repair until you have enough.

image.thumb.png.2c54638c5ed0e0de2c1976e900635fa2.png

Archived