Performance check, load my file please

Hi guys

As soon as my bases reach a certain size, my fps drop to 5-7 making the game more a pain then fun. Im currently thinking about buying a new PC (mainly because of ONI). I overclocked my computer yesterday but with no success in terms of FPS.

Could someone do me  favor, load my base and check if he gets around 25-30 FPS (ideally with some specs higher then I7-5th generation and GTX 1070+)

That would help enormously with the question if im going to buy a new computer or not.

Thanks!

Cheers

Starving System v2.sav

24 minutes ago, Scorpio King said:

yes i know...opened this thread before i saw it :(

37 minutes ago, Tenshi Kirai said:

Speed 1 25 +- 30 fps
Speed 2 20 +- 15 fps
Speed 3 > 14 fps

with many freezes = "0 FPS "

ONI is a "CPU BOUND" game and does not use multiple cores. so a high
clock  processor is better than more cores

yeah figurate out so much....can i ask what CPU do you have?

I tried on my laptop and from what I can see, when the map run at full speed, it gives me around 10fps when I scroll the map while unpaused. If I do not scroll the map, I can reach 25-30fps.

And I do not have a beast as a machine (but it is not bad either). I can get the full specs if you trully need them.

2 hours ago, Tenshi Kirai said:

ONI is a "CPU BOUND" game and does not use multiple cores. so a high
clock  processor is better than more cores

This is only partially true. A fast cpu aint gona give you a better performance, if it's IPC is worse. 

Take it from someone who has a fx 8350 (the cpu that to this day still holds the world record as fastest oc'ed cpu at over 8ghz).

The newer cpu's, 2'th gen Ryzen and 8th Gen Intel beat my cpu to pulp, even if my cpu runs at 5ghz and they run at 3.5ghz.

So while you're partly correct, just saying a faster cpu aint gona help no one.

@hpongledd

With this save I get 22fps at 3x.  At 1x, 38fps with the morbs on screen, 42fps around the edges of the map.

i7-8700k @ 3.7ghz (standard, no OC)

General feel, scrolling around the map feels sluggish but livable at 3x as fps dips to around 20fps.

1 hour ago, leoroy said:

i3 6100 (3.7GHz) and gtx 1060 6Gb I got 25 fps at minimum sped, 15 at medium, 11 at fast. At least, it's playable :p

well if you play like 7-10h straight those 11fps will kill you slowly....

8 hours ago, malloc said:

@hpongledd

With this save I get 22fps at 3x.  At 1x, 38fps with the morbs on screen, 42fps around the edges of the map.

i7-8700k @ 3.7ghz (standard, no OC)

General feel, scrolling around the map feels sluggish but livable at 3x as fps dips to around 20fps.

Thanks! Most probably im going to replace my Motherboard/CPU and maybe my CPU cooler since its a passive cooler. 

Just brushing a little over 40 FPS x3 speed with the 1950x Threadripper (3.8Ghz), but it will dip to 24 FPS every 10-20 seconds at random.  The GPU is a $20 card not even worth mentioning.  It's obviously CPU bound which begs for multi-threading at some point in the development cycle.

It was neat to see the morb stair dance you had going on.

Archived