Dupes carrying grams

Hello there! 

I'm having an issue in EU. Some of my dupes are only carrying grams to the compactors instead of their 1760kg carrying capacity. Just because the compactor they to deliver resources is missing only a few grams they will make a whole trip to deliver those 1000 grams. Are you having this issue too? 

I tried disabling proximity settings in the priority menu but nothing changed. Tried sweeping instead of letting them do that automatically but still the same. I even tried to put new compactors but they still carry 1000 grams to the old compactors. Only 2 of my 6 dupes are doing their job as usual. The other 4 do this strange behavior. 

I remember dupes taking resources from multiple spots to deliver to multiple compactors too. But now they are just so slow to sweep... It makes me sad... 

Are you experiencing the same? 

Maybe you have bunch of noodle arms with -STR stat so they cant carry more than 1kg?

Where did you checked that 1760 capacity?

If the compactor is missing that 1kg it would deliver only what it can hold, not more, check the priority of the compactor, if it set too high and/or eaten from (feeder).

It is at 19999kg but it seems really counter intuitive to just bring a kilo when you can carry a ton... 

My lice loaf is leading to a never ending loop of 25kg delivered to the same compactors over and over. Slime evaporating is leading to grams being delivered. 

The problem is they make a whole journey to carry only grams or 25kg. I'd expect them to carry a ton and deliver to multiple compactors but they don't. It's been 8 cycles of sweeping for a 12x8 excavated room :(

Edit : I'll post my save in a bit if a kind soul might want to check it out. 

I've checked your save-file and dupes carry maximum amount of materials, even trying to pick up multiple times before they are full.

Load up your game, empty all the campactors (uncheck and check back), cancel the sweep down below and sweep it again.

Maybe try to fresh reinstall the game, im not sure what might be causing this.

Any mods you might be using or unofficial translations?

I'm surprised you did'nt come across the problem I have. I tried verifying integrity in steam. I emptied all my compactors and I let my dupes put all resources in them again. And the weird behaviour came back. Not at the start, but the more compactors were full, the more the problem was visible. And after all the resources were picked up, they came back to the bottom left spot and... :

samebug.thumb.png.7cc0d9ea5050dbeb1afbb6fde93e13d9.png

Caine didn't picked up any other resources on the trip and put those 17.6g of Igneous Rock in a compactor that was at 19999kg. Then came back and took a full 1680kg and put it in a empty compactor. So they can't split at the moment. They just take the amount that ONE compactor is missing and nothing more. Leading to dumb travel for 10g.

My dupes always take 25kg of dirt to fertilize mealwood. Imagine the number of trips they make... I got bleachstone in compactors too, evaporating sometimes. So the 10g tripes are almost surely linked to bleach stone as I separated the slime before as I thought this was causing the issue. But everything is an issue at the moment :/

I'll try reinstalling the game see if it works. It's the last thing I didn't try.

Update : Reinstalling didn't change anything. (Yes it's fast with optic fiber !) Dupes still carry a few grams per travel...

I think I have seen this behaviour too in my dupes.

Because the compactor isn't full, and because it's on the dupes priority, the dupe fills it.

I hate seeing dupes make a whole journey, just to pick up 17.5g of a possible 5000kg, just to fill that one compactor, that isn't quite full.

It has actually been a while already - they CAN carry a lot of garbage, and they usually do. But sometimes their path finding just doesnt work and they wont collect granite and will take only 1kg even though there are more of it on the way to the container

As for your sweeping problem, make a compactor and make it sweep only and mark it higher priority than your "regular" compactors. That means that compactor will be filled up first, meaning you can fix the 17.6g problems, by just making sure there is always loads of room in your sweep-only compactors by quickly checking and un-checking the stuff that takes up a lot of space, for example 'raw minerals'. That makes your sweeping jobs go a lot faster because there's always room for them to carry as much stuff as possible since there's always room to drop it off.

You could also fix the bleach stone / slime evaporation problem by either setting those compactors lower priority so all other compactors will be filled first, or you can, like me, make sure that you only have slime and bleach stone in a compactor that is submerged in atleast something like 100kg of water. Then neither the bleach stone nor the slime will off-gas, meaning your dupes won't make low-quantity trips to pick up those. 

I don't see this as an actual bug, it seems more like a priority issue. If anything, it could be solved by adding the extra functionality of dupes being able to pick up stuff that they have room for and can deliver on the way / at the same place too. But that's a lot of extra pathfinding that needs to be done, but it would solve the efficiency issue that this is.

I'm almost sure they didn't act like that in CU. The probleme seems to be that they can fill only one comapctor at a time. They can't make a trip and empty their load into multiple compactors in one trip now.

In the past, I'm almost sure I've seen them take 600kg or so and put 200kg in 3 compactors when coming home. Now it never happens.

2 minutes ago, Capsup said:

As for your sweeping problem, make a compactor and make it sweep only and mark it higher priority than your "regular" compactors. That means that compactor will be filled up first, meaning you can fix the 17.6g problems, by just making sure there is always loads of room in your sweep-only compactors by quickly checking and un-checking the stuff that takes up a lot of space, for example 'raw minerals'. That makes your sweeping jobs go a lot faster because there's always room for them to carry as much stuff as possible since there's always room to drop it off.

You could also fix the bleach stone / slime evaporation problem by either setting those compactors lower priority so all other compactors will be filled first, or you can, like me, make sure that you only have slime and bleach stone in a compactor that is submerged in atleast something like 100kg of water. Then neither the bleach stone nor the slime will off-gas, meaning your dupes won't make low-quantity trips to pick up those. 

I don't see this as an actual bug, it seems more like a priority issue. If anything, it could be solved by adding the extra functionality of dupes being able to pick up stuff that they have room for and can deliver on the way / at the same place too. But that's a lot of extra pathfinding that needs to be done, but it would solve the efficiency issue that this is.

I have moved the bleach stone and slime in another compactor. Each time a compactor is almost full, it results in 20 or so tripes. Each time a dupe takes dirt to fertilize mealwood, it results in a trip of 25kg. Each time a dupe fills an algae deoxydiser it results in multiple trips of a few grams to fill some compactors. I could go on and on. Every supply task is producing an incredible amount of a few grams or kilograms trips.

I tried sweep only, the issue rised again when those compactors were almost full.

I do not understand how this is a priority issue has when the task is a priority 1 or 9 it doesn't change. Changing the priority of compactors each time I want resources out of the way is not a solution too. It is definitely too much micro for something that worked before.

Archived