Placebo

So how you force dupe to eat this stupid placebo pill?

I made 6 of them 20 cycles ago, they go trough food poisoning all the time, med bay or not they ignore the pills whatsoever, even if I mark it as only consumable food for them, then they just prefer to starve to death instead of eating it.

1 hour ago, _Q_ said:

So how you force dupe to eat this stupid placebo pill?

I made 6 of them 20 cycles ago, they go trough food poisoning all the time, med bay or not they ignore the pills whatsoever, even if I mark it as only consumable food for them, then they just prefer to starve to death instead of eating it.

Dupes only eat placebo pills when the are sick and it doesn´t give them calories (It can´t prevent them from starving)

20 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Dupes only eat placebo pills when the are sick and it doesn´t give them calories (It can´t prevent them from starving)

They are sick all the time, playing on miserable, made 6 placebo pills at cycle 25, no one eat single one and its cycle 60.

I've seen them eat it occasionally when sick.  It's not very high on their priority list though, even when dying of slimelung.

It's also pretty useless overall.  it only provides a 1% reduction in sickness and they can only eat one per cycle.

I've given up on making them and just concentrate on having lots of vitamin chews available at all times.

This needs tweaks, should be higher like 3 - 5% and they should consume it like vitamins, or at least medicine should HIGH on priority list when you are sick.

Also the pills recipe is total insanity 100kg water and 100kg sand to produce a pill that weights 1kg, totally right, the same with vitamins 100kg coal. Such jokes.

53 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

at least medicine should HIGH on priority list when you are sick.

Yeah that would be really nice, but if you lockdown the medbay using a clock sensor you can achieve that your dupes will eat a placebo from a storage inside. (When dupes have nothing else to do and it´s close enough ...)

1% for 100kg sand and 100kg water seems really unbalanced

=> Please raise the impact of placebos or lower their cost to get them closer to their gameplay impact

16 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Do you have your placebos in the medbay? Sick dupes are usually hesitant to walk too far from it.

They go all around the base if they need to, anyway placebo is totally useless for anything.

Archived