Transformer Help? [EU]

Could anyone explain the transformer change and how it effects the previous builds? I read the upgrade notes regarding transformers and they say:

"Power transformers can only provide up to 1kw to the downstream side. "

"New Small Power Transformer building has a throughput of 1KW. The pre-existing power transformer outputs 4KW and requires refined metal. "

The way i understood transformers was that each game second has 4(5?) ticks and transformer provides 1kW each tick. and so if you place a battery downstream from the transformer, you could power a 1.2kW aquatuner.

Does the change now means that you don't need a battery downstream now? since it outputs 4kW?

32 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

might still be a better idea to use a smart battery to periodically shut off the transformer and prevent overheating

I will go the other way xD

Building more transformer to use the heat. (Transformer are better batteries if you can use the heat, keep in mind the new transformers can endure temperatures up to 275C)

3 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I will go the other way xD

Building more transformer to use the heat. (Transformer are better batteries if you can use the heat, keep in mind the new transformers can endure temperatures up to 275C)

yes but it's a slow heating, if I was planing to make a heater for killing germs or boiling PW I would rather use aqua tuners 

6 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

My power transformer will emit heat

=> If I want a sustainable setup I would have to build some kind of temperature control

(So why not use some of the thermal energy)

I guess you can use it for pre heating PW before boiling it

Here's a full tutorial for you - theory + practise. It should apply in the same way to the latest version with the exception that Power transformer supplies 4kW instead of 5.

And regarding the "small power transformer", it acts as a 1kJ battery.

Archived