How to sweep bottled gases (from gas pipes)?
We have sweep button, but there is no destination building for that as for liquid - bottle emptier.

If this is not currently available, is it planned to add this building in the future?

PS. I know, I can empty the bottle in the place, but I want sweep it somewhere.

2018-07-20_10-58-09.thumb.png.a4e199392688dff288eba29bccd696e4.png2018-07-20_10-59-52.png.c35bce74824a0e5ebc27ef41da403533.png

I have to try (i keep forgetting) if you can deliver it to the creature feeder. Pufts eat polluted oxygen and chlorine, slicksters oxygen and carbon dioxide. I`m not sure if you can deliver bottled gasses to the feeders or does it only work if you cool them down to solid.

27 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I have to try (i keep forgetting) if you can deliver it to the creature feeder. Pufts eat polluted oxygen and chlorine, slicksters oxygen and carbon dioxide. I`m not sure if you can deliver bottled gasses to the feeders or does it only work if you cool them down to solid.

not only solid, it works with gases. BUT it works for some gases, it just feeds creatures, and does not work as emptier in auto mode (deliver, unload from feeder manually, and "empty" button).

anyway, my question is: "is it planned?"

Oh, wow, I was wondering where that bottle came from! I might have clicked sweep mistake. Now that you mention it, if you can use that to fill a room with a certain gas(for farms) it would be nice - compress the gas using tiles, then bottle it and then carry it(somehow?) to where you want to empty it. I initially thought that it fell down from an atmo suit(since I had 1-2 at the time), but I guess I was wrong(another possible idea for usage though).

7 hours ago, martosss said:

Now that you mention it, if you can use that to fill a room with a certain gas(for farms) it would be nice

As long as you can fill a pipe with the gas and you have a plumber you can get that gas bottled. If the gas is food for a critter you can use the feeder to move it arounf as a bottle. You can use this to get a lot of bottled gas in a certain space and release it all (althrough it might take some time for dupes to do it). It`s pretty much an exploit but since we don`t have either a gas bottler or emptier it`s the only way to get some use of the gas bottles.

Ah, critter feeder, yes, smart! :) That's what I was missing! So almost everything can be swept:

• O2 and p.O2 work(dense and normal puft)
  • Chlorine - squeaky puft
  • CO2 - Slickster...

Oh, but you can bottle only Oxygen? That means for farming Bristle berry/mealwood-drecko farm would be doable - fill everything with Hydrogen and then empty oxygen bottlles below.

So since you can't make your dupes move them, what you do is just click the boddle and tap the "empty" button. If you really need to clean up the air in a space use pumps and filters. Yeah, I know.... annoying.

21 hours ago, avc15 said:

So since you can't make your dupes move them, what you do is just click the boddle and tap the "empty" button. If you really need to clean up the air in a space use pumps and filters. Yeah, I know.... annoying.

Why is there a a plumber profession, who pushes the contents of the pipes into bottles, if all you can do with the bottle is empty it right here. Is not it easier to build in this place the outlet vent?

Archived