Please implement on/off "Always collect & deliver exosuits"

Please implement on/off "Always collect & deliver all exosuits" tickbox - Meaning that dupes will always pick up ALL exosuits which are accessible and will always collect them and outfit ALL accessible docks with suits. One tickbox on/off which is for the entire map. Maybe this could be the default game behaviour.

Its always a micromanage pain to mess with dock priorities and to always click on dozens of docks to get suits fitted to them. Thank you.

Quote..."But I think there should be an option at the exosuit checkpoint that let´s you request suits for all connected docks at once"

What about if every exosuit checkpoint has these two checkboxes on/off:

1.) Request suits for all connected docks ( Your requested feature )

2.) Request suits for all world docks ( This would make me and others happy which have dozens to 100 docks and regular dying dupes)

Good ?

Having it as permanent tick-checkboxes on the exosuit checkpoint would also make it possible as an permanent activation, checked once every cycle by the game, avoiding that I(we) need to constantly click on the function every few cycles.

:)

Update:

After some thinking I would be fine with solution 1.) if the tickbox on the exosuit checkpoint can be ticked permanently as "on" or "off". In this case we would not need the second idea - I have done a strike through on my above stated option 2.)

3 hours ago, babba said:

Having it as permanent tick-checkboxes on the exosuit checkpoint would also make it possible as an permanent activation, checked once every cycle by the game, avoiding that I(we) need to constantly click on the function every few cycles.

Not sure if we need a permanent activation. (Sure it could help if we have a couple unused docks or our suits will get dropped like it was when the preview for the EU was released.)

3 hours ago, babba said:

Except for the bug at the start of this update I never had problems with my suits after the first delivery.

(If you don´t have 2 exosuit checkpoints to enter the same area, so your dupes could leave your area through the flase checkpoint. But I think that´s more a construction issue, if it happens.)

=> So if you someone can think of some other case I am missing right now, I would vote for a permanent delivery box too ;)

(At least some way to prevent me from clicking every exosuit dock^^)

36 minutes ago, ArunPrasath said:

We actually need a "Return exosuit only to this Dock"

I like that it requires some thought that all suits are returned to their own dock. (Easy to achieve)

But I know that it restricts the usage of exosuits.

=> What it improve the gameplay to have such a feature ?

(I think it would be good after some changes regarding exo suits. Not sure if it´s just me but I think exosuits are to powerful right now.  I don´t think a meta where your dupes where suits all the time is healthy for the game. This would result in an "exosuit rush" and it would render most of the changing environments on different seeds pointless)

30 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I like that it requires some thought that all suits are returned to their own dock. (Easy to achieve)

But I know that it restricts the usage of exosuits.

=> What it improve the gameplay to have such a feature ?

(I think it would be good after some changes regarding exo suits. Not sure if it´s just me but I think exosuits are to powerful right now.  I don´t think a meta where your dupes where suits all the time is healthy for the game. This would result in an "exosuit rush" and it would render most of the changing environments on different seeds pointless)

We can have a global setting that automatically instructs dupes to auto deliver all exosuits as and when a dock is free and an exosuit is lying around unattended (should take into account currently worn suits)

Ideas on the current or future exosuits

(1) This idea is base on the hope that some form of radiation ( besides light ) or hazard material(s) would some day exist in the game:

- The current exosuit does not protect from some certain kind of hazard materials or radiation. Dupes could die in them or get terrible ill/sick.

- A new lead material radiation suit does protect from radiation or some hazard material, but it reduces the walk speed from 100% down to 20%.

(2) This idea is base on the hope that some form of fire or combustion/explosion would some day exist in the game:

- The current exosuit does not protect from any kind of fire or lava and burns like paper, killing the dupe in an fire or lava environment.

-  A new fire suit ( firefighter job) protects from fire & lava, but it reduces the walk speed from 100% down to 20%.

Man I would give a million if fire, gas or fluid explosions, foam extinguisher, sprinklers and the firefighter job would exist in the game. A dupe trait could be "Pyromaniac" :shock:

Archived