um make dupes wear sweaters?

I made each of my dupe a single warm sweater. Then I manually assign each sweater to each dupes. WA LA they should have wear it but they run over them like rugs. Then i thought maybe it will cure them of soak but no the sweater did not remove that de-buff as well. 

The problem is that if I was dunked in water and I put a sweater on, my existing clothes would still be wet and I would still be sopping wet.  As is, the sweaters only enhance resistance to cold.

That said, I think it would be kind of cool if we had drying stations that we could set up.  Make them uncomfortably large to put in the base, but any passing dupe can go in and get a new set of clothes and have the old ones dry.  It could store spare clothes and use power to clean and dry the clothes.

Drying stations may just blow air or vacuum away the water, leaving water in the process, and then there would be a tray for and clothing currently on (Not their printday suits, as those would be dried with the dupe at the same time). 

It would be an interesting addition.

Dupe get dipped, soaks up liquid. Max liquid maybe determined by clothing type.

Say cool - 2l, normal 3l, warm 4l. That would be a different amount of kg based on density.

Then, as they walk this liquid drips off - more mopping duty.

It would also make it harder to maintain water locks without maintenance.

The actual amount of water absorbed would be determined by how deep their body went, so a splash through a puddle won't give the same length of debuff as diving in completely.

You could then also justify a different type of clothing for dupes that are likely to take a dip.

1 hour ago, PyroSA said:

It would be an interesting addition.

Dupe get dipped, soaks up liquid. Max liquid maybe determined by clothing type.

Say cool - 2l, normal 3l, warm 4l. That would be a different amount of kg based on density.

Then, as they walk this liquid drips off - more mopping duty.

It would also make it harder to maintain water locks without maintenance.

The actual amount of water absorbed would be determined by how deep their body went, so a splash through a puddle won't give the same length of debuff as diving in completely.

You could then also justify a different type of clothing for dupes that are likely to take a dip.

Thats what exosuits are for :)

Theyve been doing that for a long time, i always assumed they didnt like it, like they feel it itchy or something.

Of course that was a joke. Clothing has been in the game since the beginning, and has become an afterthought. Snazzy suits are still cool for the decor, but everything else is mostly become obsolete with exosuits. My thought is clothing was an early concept for having dupes covered when they go into a certain area, but why give a dupe a warm sweater if you cant tell him where to go? He could just go hang out by the oil pools, and sweat all that slimelung off. Or wear a cool shirt and go hang out in a -20c cold biome.

I may be wrong, but i think clothing has been left in the game as legacy code. I dont think anyone that doesnt like using exosuits will micro clothing hoping a dupe wont cook in a geyser, or feel comfortable swimming in a pool of VERY hot oil. Because We still cant tell them where to go.

However, if you really dont like exosuits and dont mind taking your time doing one thing at a time, because time can be precious, you can Q a cold biome only dig/build and have everyone wearing warm sweaters. I guess that could work. If you wall things off.

13 hours ago, DyingCrow said:

Theyve been doing that for a long time, i always assumed they didnt like it, like they feel it itchy or something.

Of course that was a joke. Clothing has been in the game since the beginning, and has become an afterthought. Snazzy suits are still cool for the decor, but everything else is mostly become obsolete with exosuits. My thought is clothing was an early concept for having dupes covered when they go into a certain area, but why give a dupe a warm sweater if you cant tell him where to go? He could just go hang out by the oil pools, and sweat all that slimelung off. Or wear a cool shirt and go hang out in a -20c cold biome.

I may be wrong, but i think clothing has been left in the game as legacy code. I dont think anyone that doesnt like using exosuits will micro clothing hoping a dupe wont cook in a geyser, or feel comfortable swimming in a pool of VERY hot oil. Because We still cant tell them where to go.

However, if you really dont like exosuits and dont mind taking your time doing one thing at a time, because time can be precious, you can Q a cold biome only dig/build and have everyone wearing warm sweaters. I guess that could work. If you wall things off.

The problem is that the duplicants won't wear the sweater and leave them next to the textile machine.

Archived