The Singularity - An efficient sieve-based cooler

275°C Overheat temperature is really low for abyssalite bridges

=> I never use bridges on my "high fluid temperature" carrying  insulated pipes

(Everything involving a volcano / hot geyser / the glass forge should be "brige-less" or inside a vacuume to prevent the bridge from transferring heat)

7 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

should be "brige-less" or inside a vacuume to prevent the bridge from transferring heat

Or hide them behind abyssalite tiles, somehow it works on my game. Even though he carries 300C oil constantly, it didn't overheat.

If you want a way to remove heat a pure aquatuner with a condensation stack and a cold storage on top works as well. I've tested this kind of system before and it works and the petroleum on top slowely but surely gets colder.

image.thumb.png.71aaec617f15a5b27fb9d04e1bf1e91f.png

The efficiency would be better without the liquid pump (closed loop and heat exchangers) but this was before the radiant pipes were introduced and I didn't want to have the risk of breaking pipes.

7 hours ago, abud said:
15 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

should be "brige-less" or inside a vacuume to prevent the bridge from transferring heat

Or hide them behind abyssalite tiles, somehow it works on my game. Even though he carries 300C oil constantly, it didn't overheat.

Bridges interacts just with their surrounding medium, so if you want no heat transfer there are 2 options:

1. Make the 2 tiles touched by the bridge a vacuume

2. Make the 2 tiles touched by the bridge 100% insulated (build them with insulated abyssalite)

=> Insulated abyssalite does the same as a vacuume (Just a quetion how much spare abyssalite you got^^)

6 hours ago, onlineous said:

If you want a way to remove heat a pure aquatuner with a condensation stack and a cold storage on top works as well. I've tested this kind of system before and it works and the petroleum on top slowely but surely gets colder.

The efficiency would be better without the liquid pump (closed loop and heat exchangers) but this was before the radiant pipes were introduced and I didn't want to have the risk of breaking pipes.

Wait, where does the heat go in this system? Water is evaporated, cooled by petroleum on top and condenses, I get that... But nothing is taking away the heat out of the petroleum, so won't it heat up to the point where it can no longer condense steam?

So I tested briefly what you showed, with a liquid pump pumping petroleum into the aquatuner and dumping the cooled petroleum back into the pool. It seems like there might be a small amount of heat deletion going on, probably whenever water evaporates into steam. I'm not convinced though since I haven't been able to test it long enough to notice a significant drop.

Even if it does work, to me it feels a little bit too cheesy compared to smart usage of the water sieve but more importantly most of the aquatuner's work is undone by using the cooled petroleum to condense the steam back into water. For the most part you're using a lot of power just to pump heat around in what should be a closed system.

On 9-7-2018 at 9:20 PM, Sevio said:

Wait, where does the heat go in this system? Water is evaporated, cooled by petroleum on top and condenses, I get that... But nothing is taking away the heat out of the petroleum, so won't it heat up to the point where it can no longer condense steam?

True. It's another way of heat deletion. The submerged aquatuner, cooling itself works as well btw (at least it used to do in tests I did a few months ago).

Archived