Is the pawn sketch renewable?

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The pawn, queen and king sketches are all, non-renewable. There are no trinkets for these pieces, so there's no way to get more of them. Only the rook, knight and bishop are renewable via their trinkets in tumbleweeds and the pig king.

Whoops, I think I was incorrect when I wrote that the pawn figure can be obtained from tumbleweeds, because these don't exist. The bishop figure in-game looks much like a pawn (for me at least) and since I rarely traded them I sometimes just confuse the both :D 

Usually there are multiple pawn/queen/king marble structures in your world. Hopefully there's still 1 left somewhere.

If there isn't, you might be out of luck as far as the pawn sculpture goes.

Now that sucks.... I wish pawn/queen/king were renewable, I don't remember what happened to the sketches, I had the pawn when I was doing the structures pen, then i removed and forgot what happened, it probably got burned or something.. I'm pretty much screwed and will settle with ant-lion structures for now.

I don't have multiple pawn/queen/king marble structures I have a smaller map since I play mostly by myself :/ 

Thanks for the answers everyone.

Oh, look at that, it seems tumbleweeds can drop the sketches for them with a 0.1% chance according to the wiki.

That's great news. I've never been a tumbleweed farmer myself so I didn't know about this. I should look at the wiki more often.

37 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I've gotten more ruins gems from tumbleweeds then I have these sketches. I'm not even sure if they actually drop from them.

They do, my solo world is littered with them...

44 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I've gotten more ruins gems from tumbleweeds then I have these sketches. I'm not even sure if they actually drop from them.

It probably has a prerequisite in order for the sketches to begin dropping from tumbleweeds then.

Just like how the knight/rook/bishop trinkets won't drop until you first hammer/make the sculptures.

3 hours ago, Extant said:

It probably has a prerequisite in order for the sketches to begin dropping from tumbleweeds then.

Just like how the knight/rook/bishop trinkets won't drop until you first hammer/make the sculptures.

That would make sense. It's not often I go out of my way to get the original sketches.

11 hours ago, Extant said:

I heard of it earlier, but if it's so then the mechanic must be sometimes bugged, maybe on old worlds only. In my solo world where all the ANR stuff was retrofitted I never repaired and mined the only knight statue but still got the sketch or the trinket from a tumbleweed. But I admit I don't remember getting a sketch on a public survival server.

Archived