Let US mark the map? pig houses, roads, etc.

I just wanted to create suggestion thread about map marker :D I agree with this feature.Especially because some things are not visible on map such example beefalo herd, pig houses :)Map marker will make life easier.

Adding map markers has been suggested in the past, in fact, back when I joined in November the Devs were considering the implementation of signposts. You craft the signposts and place them around the island and they also appear on your map.More recently the general idea is that players should be allowed to place a "mark" on their maps and then type a 10-20 character description for the marker. After that whenever you place your cursor over a marker it displays the text you wrote. To delete a marker you RMB click on it.

I'd like to see those two things combined, so you have to craft your map markers.Craft the signpost, place it and it asks for text input. Then the signposts appear on the map and display the text when you hover your cursor over them.

I'd like to see those two things combined, so you have to craft your map markers.Craft the signpost, place it and it asks for text input. Then the signposts appear on the map and display the text when you hover your cursor over them.

Sure, why not? I'm sure players would enjoy any option that would let them customize their maps.

why not let us create our own map markers, old-school RPG style?Otherwise, I'm going to start dropping traps near locations I want to remember. Which just seems silly.

I actually ran across the same issue a ton of times before; and even yesterday still. The map marks stones, some trees and the spider-lairs (at least as long as you didn't destroy them. If you [accidentally] did and the spiders sleep outside, you are screwed! >.<) etc. but what about stuff like pig villages or alike? I would definitely be in favor of being able to either add notes to my map OR even have the option to make little signs with some wood and rope (for example) that I can add to places. I suppose the trap idea works for now, but they're not exactly "everlasting". D:

I just want to respond to this thread because honestly this will would be very helpful. At the moment Im just finding clever ways to mark the map with things that already show up on the map (Traps not effective at all). Thank you for what already shows up but some kind of markers, even a limited amount, would be nice. Good post totally agree

I'd LOVE some map marking, especially if in addition to text, you could scrawl little arrows and stuff too.

They just added signs in the game earlier today! :D I don't know how to make them, or how they work yet, but I think they are the solution.

I read this and was like, "What if they could just MAKE a map; like out of the papyrus?!" (But then one has to wonder how they got the map in first place and where the character is writing all this info down? Do they have a little notebook all the time? Maybe the current map is their amazing memory at work! Why question a game's logic?) And then I was like, "What if they could make a posting board thing to post pieces of paper on the boards, and "pin" it to the board. To remind them of things in case they forgot or came back to the saved game after quite a while." But part of me thinks that's a bit much since I could just get a piece of paper in real life and write this stuff down. I'm a guy that forgets a lot, as you can tell. xDAnywho. I was also thinking that it would be nice to have a little box(es) on the map to show or not show things. That way, if you want some rocks, you click on just the rocks and bam! Map only shows rocks. And etc, etc.And I can't figure out how to make the signs say things! :U (What if... The sign was alive and spoke? 8I Maybe there would be other signs in the world already. Like the pigs make a sign for their village and the signs say things like, "Pig Village: [insert funny additional joke like, "Birthplace of Babe")(WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY future thing. If you have a tablet, maybe you can draw/write things with the tablet?! :V)