a new liquid behavior

Dear developers of the amazing Oxy game. would you be so kind to code such a behavior of the liquids that if there is less then 100 gramms of liquid in a tile than it evaporates? Water -> oxygen, Polluted water -> polluted oxygen, Oil -> Co2, Petroleum -> natural gas

I dont think it is a good idea. PO2 does that on all saturations. Petro to Natgas would make oil boiling obsolete. Good luck sucking up the oil from the slicksters before they evaporate and consumed by the slicksters again. Also, electrolyzers would be partly obsolete because the apparatus to electrolyze water will consume more power than the power from the hydrogen. Why waste power when you can just drip water everywhere with a valve which doesnt require power and it just evaporate and no wet debuff?

38 minutes ago, linainverse said:

Dear developers of the amazing Oxy game. would you be so kind to code such a behavior of the liquids that if there is less then 100 gramms of liquid in a tile than it evaporates? Water -> oxygen, Polluted water -> polluted oxygen, Oil -> Co2, Petroleum -> natural gas

Very bad idea!

@Oozinator oooh, sorry that i took your very precious time, so you was forced to write me down your useless opinion.

@he77789

53 minutes ago, he77789 said:

I dont think it is a good idea. PO2 does that on all saturations. Petro to Natgas would make oil boiling obsolete. Good luck sucking up the oil from the slicksters before they evaporate and consumed by the slicksters again. Also, electrolyzers would be partly obsolete because the apparatus to electrolyze water will consume more power than the power from the hydrogen. Why waste power when you can just drip water everywhere with a valve which doesnt require power and it just evaporate and no wet debuff?

so you better waste your time mopping all those 2 gramms of water so the dupes don't get soggy feet feat?

Just now, linainverse said:

oooh, sorry that i took your very precious time, so you was forced to write me down your useless opinion.

No problem, i am generous, always noobfriendly and helpful like superman.
Mom calls me Jesus!
5664a6dbda77d.jpeg

31 minutes ago, linainverse said:

@Oozinator oooh, sorry that i took your very precious time, so you was forced to write me down your useless opinion.

@he77789

so you better waste your time mopping all those 2 gramms of water so the dupes don't get soggy feet feat?

I mean, if your (bad) idea really came out, the 2g water would evaporate immediately so no debuff and free (in terms of power consumption and dupe time) oxygen.

1 hour ago, linainverse said:

ok i 'll tell you the truth. i was asking about it because of the situations when 100 gramm of one liquid blocks 999 kg of another and my pump is on siesta

Two solutions!
Solution A: Prevent!
Solution B: Mop!
^^

Solution C: was at least partially fixed in one of the latest updates:

On 8.6.2018 at 7:38 PM, Cheerio said:
  • Liquids will attempt to displace their neighbour liquids if they have sufficient mass. This should _reduce_ the occurrences of a little puddle of liquid stopping the flow of a much larger river of liquid but checkboard type patterns will still ultimately result in the stall.

P.S.: The suggestion is bad.

I also second, third and fourth this being bad.

I could immediately get infinite oxygen production without the need for elecrolyzers by setting up a valve to drop 100g/s in different areas of my base, Essentially netting myself 10kg/s of oxygen and eliminating the hydrogen.

Polluted oxygen already does this.

Infinite power from petroleum since it would give me enough per drop to power a generator, A liquid pump can handle 10kg/s so if you spread it out that's 10kg/s of natural gas which is a lot.

Also cooling a cool steam geyser would give you tonnes of oxygen as the droplets could just turn into oxygen.

On 23/06/2018 at 2:41 PM, linainverse said:

ok i 'll tell you the truth. i was asking about it because of the situations when 100 gramm of one liquid blocks 999 kg of another and my pump is on siesta

Just mop it or make your build able to filter out the foreign liquid.

5 minutes ago, linainverse said:

wow. so smart guy. i'm happy to live on the same planet you do.

It was a serious piece of advice, so grow up for a change? You said it was because of a packet of 100 gram liquids blocking your build. So adjust your build so it doesn't break from something like that?

If you can't take advice or constructive criticism you really shouldn't be posting on a forum.

Archived