Germs in water

I'm building my base with nasty toilet water separate from the other polluted water so I don't have to worry about germs. I just checked on my water situation and there were some germs inside the "clean" polluted water. Is there a list of items that output germ filled polluted water? (I know lavatories do but I thought carbon skimmers and sinks output germ free water). Thanks in advance.
Side Note: Do Hydrogen generators require germ free water?

Did you use the water sieve and ran your skimmer with the filtered water?

Water sieve makes water from ph2o but don't removes germs.

Do you mean electrolyzer with hydrogen generator? Electrolyzer can run on germy water but they output oxygen with food poison germs. But don't worry. That's no problem. Food poisoning in air is not contagious and will die off pretty fast

Btw. You can even water your plants with germy water. If your bristle berries have food poison on them they get removed when cooked.

Same goes for any food. Mushbars as well.

Just remember to uncheck uncooked bristle berries or other foods in the consumables tab on the top right. 

Im not making it back to clean water yet. I was told that polluted water only gets food poisoning from lavatories so I keep my bathroom water separate from the rest of my water. But when I checked in what should be germ free polluted water it had small amounts of food poisioning so Im thinking one of my buildings is outputting germy water and I don't know which one it is D:

image.thumb.png.591ed4738f15587d19fe8beeb2979822.png

This is my whole water setup. Even after having a wash station right there and removing the scrubber from the loop it still pops up with germs. Is it just polluted water creates germs now or what. All that I have connected are sinks.

image.png

1 hour ago, Inchulk2013 said:

I'm building my base with nasty toilet water separate from the other polluted water so I don't have to worry about germs. I just checked on my water situation and there were some germs inside the "clean" polluted water. Is there a list of items that output germ filled polluted water? (I know lavatories do but I thought carbon skimmers and sinks output germ free water). Thanks in advance.
Side Note: Do Hydrogen generators require germ free water?

Sinks output germy water too. If you're sinks were going into the 'clean' ph20 then that's the most likely culprit. As others have mentioned, fp germs have almost no impact as long as you cook any food that used it.

Yup thats your problem, you've connected your sinks, duplicants wash off their germs and thereby polluting the sinks water. Sinks, Washbasins and Lavatories all produce polluted germy water (wash basins in a bottle but its germy too!)

It's off topic. But i would suggest that you build the pipes as insulated! You are using water sieve to get water. Long story short. Your water is 30-40°C warm and runs through your base. It will heat it up in no time if it hasn't yet

12 minutes ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

It's off topic. But i would suggest that you build the pipes as insulated! You are using water sieve to get water. Long story short. Your water is 30-40°C warm and runs through your base. It will heat it up in no time if it hasn't yet

Yeah this is early game so I didn't quite have access to insulated piping yet.

And good to know that sinks are all germy (makes sense though). Thanks for all the help!

Archived