Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Toyota Brown

Replayability Issues

Once I got into the gorge I was all over it, cooking stuff like crazy, achievement hunting like there was no tomorrow. But eventually, it got boring, I unlocked everything I wanted to unlock and it just got bland. Unlike the forge, were you could really challenge yourself and try new, wacky strategies. The gorge is just seeing how little food you can cook, or how many cravings you can get. Ive done all the challenges I could think of, (Besides 5 dishes, or solo, since I don't want to repeatedly restart over and over) This issue is shared with some of my steam friend's as well. Anyone working on DST or the gorge who reads this, would you consider adding something new and exciting to spice things up? Even if its small I would really appreciate it, and I bet a lot of others would to. 

Atkvin    560

Towards the end of the Forge they added some more character-specific achievements to keep the excitement going. There's still 2 weeks to the event left yet, so there is a chance of that for the Gorge as well which you can look forward to.

(Besides, don't forget: the Gorge is a limited time spinoff game-mode event. It's not coming back til next year when it's done.

If you've binged and replayed everything on this mode as you've described, there's always the actual core game to return to! Take advantage of the 4-per-week event presents that drop 4 skins each if you're interested in that and take a break from the Gorge - anything you play too much of will always eventually get stale and boring!)

watermelen671    19303

I definitely am enjoying the Gorge more than I did the Forge. With the Forge it was the same boss rush routine over and over again. With the Gorge there's a bit of RNG to spice things up every now and again.

Spoiler

That and the music is actually memorable and doesn't become ear grating after 5 minutes...lookin at you Forge. >.>

minespatch    78382
On 6/23/2018 at 8:44 AM, watermelen671 said:

music is actually memorable and doesn't become ear grating after 5 minutes

It's basically this track but just a tad slower.:wilson_ecstatic:

Sunsoft    14
On 20. 7. 2018 at 10:40 AM, minespatch said:

It's basically this track but just a tad slower.:wilson_ecstatic:

I can actually hear some similarities here. I wonder if Vince (if he made this soundtrack) was inspired by this.